[Allow for response]. Then ignore.

by AlphaOmega 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I haven't read any JW stuff for some time now, but this morning I found an electronic copy of the current "Our Kingdom Ministry" in my e-mail.

I had a quick flick through and realised how rude the "doorstep suggestions" are.

Quote:

Why not just write [Insert fingers in ears, wait for householder's lips to stop moving. Then read Matthew 24:14] ?

• carla
    carla

The canned responses, sigh. You know what pisses me off the most about the damned canned responses besides just being plain rude? When all this first started in my house and in one of our many heated discussions about jw's he PROMISED me that I was dead wrong about there even being a printed version of canned responses that jw's read or carry with them! he told me his bible study person assured him there were none! Such deceit! a jw would lie to him and have him pass along that lie when the evidence to the contrary was overwhelming? (I had printouts of the canned responses) The jw at that time told him that you evil apostates makes stuff up, lie, blah,blah,blah the usual routine.

Now what does he say about the canned responses? oh, those are just suggestions.

Jw's canned responses will never do well at the door because unfortunately the 'door' does not have the same script as the jw and actually uses their God given brain to ask questions, if they answer the door that is.

Funny how the brain works isn't it? That a person can be walking right into disaster and not even see the red flags and wreckage around them.

"this article, this magazine, etc.'- notice they never direct the person to the bible but rather the magazine, red flag #1.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have noticed that every single damn time. The format is to pose a problem that has been selected, and may or may not be of interest to that particular householder. Ask a simple question, allow the response. Whatever the response it (except if it's a gun or a can of pepper spray), you direct their attention to the Washtowel or the Asleep that has the canned answer, backed up with a scripture taken out of context. Tie in with the Kingdom, and then offer the rags.

After, tell them "This is part of a worldwide Bible educational work supported by voluntary donations [the exact words in the rag itself]. If you would like to make a donation, we would be happy to accept it at this time." If the donation is not made, they get to keep the rag as long as they will read it.

Go to the next door, repeat all f***ing day long. No wonder people in that religion are so stagnant.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Usually I answer them the way they don't expect. Throws them off every time. So let's go through this set of questions.

First Question: "Do you think it's possible to find inner peace in these troubled times?"

Heaven's Answer: "Why, Yes! Most definitely. I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. He is 'The Way, And The Truth, And The Life'".

Next Question: "Most of us are thankful for what our parents have taught us. Do you think it is disrespectful to examine the religious teachings we learned as a child?"

Heaven's Answer: "Absolutely Not. That's why I went online and started reading about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. I found out many things that are in error about my religious upbringing."

Next Question: "Some say that all religions are different roads that lead to the same God. Do you think that all religions are good?"

Heaven's Answer: "I think every single religion on the face of this earth, including the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, are man-made and all of them use the Bible for their own purposes. I choose not to participate in man-made religious organizations. I seek a High Power."

Next Question: "All of us have been victims of unfair discrimination. How do you think God feels about prejudice?"

Heaven's Answer: "Since God created all things, then he created prejudism, especially the discrimination between men and women. I choose to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ as he is the one who taught to 'love thine enemy' as well as to have patience and tolerance. As I said before, he is 'The Way, And The Truth, And The Life".

Maybe some of you can use this if they come to your door. When they go to show me the magazines, I say "Oh yes. My father is a Jehovah's Witness. I get the magazines from him." I find they don't like talking to people who know about them and the Bible ... especially when your answer differs from theirs and cannot be refuted.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

It's a common sales technique.

-Aude.

• rebel8
    rebel8

[ignoring this thread]

• blondie
    blondie

No mention of Jehovah or the kingdom in any of them.

• dinah
    dinah

Funny how I never noticed we were ignoring people's responses. But I can remember all those "sales meetings" they called the Ministry School.

• mouthy
    mouthy

VERY GOOD HEAVEN!!!!! I liked your reponses LOL

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Great responses Heaven, and also such a true point Blondie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit