New name for those who have left?

by dogisgod 32 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Cameo? Were you not a JW?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is so crude that the JW's would come up with something like that. It wouldn't surprise me in the least though. The way a lot of them talk, it is almost as if they are looking forward to us being destroyed (actually they are), especially in the worst, twisted, evil ways possible. To delight in anothers death, let alone several Billion deaths, shows truly warped minds. Remember being out in Service and people would talk about who's house they want after the big A? Bad thing is, I was guilty of it too. Maybe that is why I try to show more compassion to others who look like they need help.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Actually if you think about it - it's an emotional image. I don't even think it's so much the pleasure at people's deaths (tho I suppose there are probably some people who would enjoy seeing people they don't like die.) But I really do think a lot of them are genuine in their desire to save people. So it's perfect from that standpoint. How better to energize your flock and get them out their guilting their family members who have left the truth -- scare them with the notion that their family members who no longer believe are going to die. It keeps the current rank and file in line and even gets them all jazzed up to "save" their loved ones...because the end is near....no really...this time it is...for reals!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Booohhooooooo! I think I'm going to go back....

• FlyingHighNow
  • warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i thought jesus called those who fell away lost sheep...but then again, remember, its never about those who have left, its about scaring those who remain, to stay......ah!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I haven't heard it much. But, I'm in a cong with lots of families with "lost sheep", including every elder. Plenty of dubs would freak out if things like that were said here. However, I've known plenty of others, COs and bethelites included, that would snap that phrase up and use it regardless of anyone's feelings.

• wobble
    wobble

Could not the imaginitive ,creative, inspired members of JWN think up a name for ourselves? ex-dub, or Aposta something, sounds a bit weak.

And could we not think up something for those still in rather than pejoritive names?

I don't know, I havn't got any inspiration of my own yet, but I am drinking a great Ale called "Old Speckled Hen " right now, so alcohol fuelled creativity MAY kick in ???? ( 5.2%, great taste )

Love

Wobble

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

hey wobble you can buy two for the price of three at tesco (old speckled hen that is, not the walking dead) raise a glass to me and all fellow members of the walking dead!!!

• blondie
    blondie

The smart ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit