1975 -What the Watchtower doesn't want you to know, new Video

by JWMediaFilms 38 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I was, however, a little disappointed to hear the comment that the Society got rich out of '75.

There is some truth to that , the years prior to 1975 there was a strong surge in service work and

literature being purchased. Those were the days when all literature had to be purchased at the KH for

a set price and usually sold for a small profit. There was an ever present bout of anxiety among the JWS leading up to 1975,

so much so as to actually cause certain people to commit suicide. A culminated amount of fear was apparent, that pushed

people to go out in service ever more so. I was one of them !

• Gayle
    Gayle

This is why it is so good now that conventions can be taped (video and audio) to prove what is said in talks at conventions. "1975" emphasis was in literature but the talks of circuit/district overseets and at assemblies really brought in the hype.

I, too, know Fred Franz' voice when I hear it that were from assemblies and being at Bethel '69-'74. There were plenty of "1975" remarks in the morning text, which Fred Franz and others spoke. There seems to be many here that can attest to the tapes. Will most JWs accept these tapes,,not if they don't want to,,but some will or at least may think about it as other things in their reality stack up.

I hope, at least, new people and JW young people investigating will see such tapes to see all this evidence. I know I have had recent contact with one gal investigating JWs and one JW insisted to her that the organization definitely does not discourage college, that the JW had a child going to college presently. I was able to forward to her an audio tape of a recent assembly to verify a program that JWs clearly proving discouraging college.

Thank you so much for all your work on this tape! Outstanding!

• JWMediaFilms
    JWMediaFilms

I was, however, a little disappointed to hear the comment that the Society got rich out of '75.

This is in reference to all the people that sold their houses and donated to the society. Not in magazine sales. The reference is in the video: according to the 1974 May “Kingdom Ministry” pg.3 (below) selling houses and property to go “pioneering” is “a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end”. The brothers and sisters were applauded for doing this. And many donated the proceeds of selling their homes TO the WTBT$.

I'd like to thank everyone for the compliments toward the video, the real credit goes to the diligent researchers that accumulated this information though!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Reniaa,

What you say about the WTS false 1975 prophecy?

As well as 1914, 1916, 1925, 1941 and then this.

Well over 100 years of crackpot prophecies that never came true.

So Duet 18:20-22 applies and is Jehovah's law.

Jehovah's prophecies in the past were right on target, so how come none of the GB prophecies came true?

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Absolutely excellent ... cant wait to present this to my wife!

This is a proof JWs are nothing but bunch of idiots (including me for almost 20 years...).

Albert

• aldi09
    aldi09

Thank you for this video. Of course, it's on my hard drive now as a very important proof.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Old Freddie, I was only 9 when I saw him. He was strange dude. Unfortunately this video reminded me 75. It is shame how people forget the past of the WT. Most who were around their mid 30's are now 70!!!

My goodness, time runs so fast. I left 9 years ago, and I'm 40....shit how can still people buy WT crap...I just don't get it anymore...

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

Hello

May I have recod file of that.. also Italian

thank very much

my email . [email protected]

• homeschool
    homeschool

Ohhhh goodness gracious....I'm 50 minutes into the whole download of fred franz's talk about 1975. I'm about to die of boredom, although there are certainly some interesting inferences made & I will definitely pass it on to my jw family.....

Ok, now I'm into minute 65. Did they have smoke pot back then? He sounds like he is going in and out of consciousness, doesn't he? towards the end, he discusses how the time is too short to have/raise children or go to school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit