My Honda won't start!!

by Pandoras cat11 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

This month is starting out really bad. We just bought a 92 honda accord and it WAS running just fine. I get in it yesterday and it won't start. I can hear it clicking but the engine will not turn over. The honda dealer is not an option at this time. We have looked online and this seems to happen with this older car. Has anyone had this problem before? We replaced the battery and ($50.00) that wasn't the problem. The hubby has to go out of town next week----I'm left with this car that starts when it wants to. Maybe it's the demons. HAHA. Any suggestions would be helpful. Oh-I do have the owners manual, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

Thanks!!!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This isn't a website for discussing JeHonda's Witnesses.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Start by having your replacement battery checked. I've bought new batteries before that had a bad cell. It happens.

Check that before you have to plonk down money for a rebuilt alternator.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

See if it starts with jumpers, if it starts easily, your battery may not be supplying enough amps. There may also be a load somewhere on the car's electrical system that is draining the battery even if the car is turned off.

BTS

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Probably the starter

• sspo
    sspo

If you have a charger, use it for a couple of hours or jump it the battery and see what happens.

Could also be a bad battery cable since the car is 17 years old, make sure the they are also very tight on battery posts.

Alternator, starter and so on.

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Thanks for reading this post. I appreciate all your information---Murphy's law is that it will be very expensive and time consuming!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Murphy was an optimist.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

could be alternator problems.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Thanks for reading this post. I appreciate all your information---Murphy's law is that it will be very expensive and time consuming!!

Troubleshooting tip: first eliminate the cheap/simple things as a cause of the problem before you move on to more expensive stuff.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit