Not having a paradise earth in the future makes me sad - What about you?

by BonaFide 85 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Yes, I am enjoying realizing the truth about the truth.

But there is another side to it. I always did look forward to the paradise earth. The world as we know it didn't seem to me to be the way that God intended it to be. I know I was brainwashed, but it felt good believing that all the bad things would be changed. Those diseases and accidents that killed people, or if not, the old age with people losing their dignity wearing diapers and slowly forgetting everything. People that are paralyzed or deaf or blind. The people that died in the Holocaust. All resurrected, all healthy, all living forever.

I enjoyed talking about the New System with other JW's. I go camping and backpacking occasionally, and our group used to talk for hours about what we will do in the New System. It seemed true, that God had a purpose for us to live forever and learn and grow. Petting the lions was just a little part of it. I didn't worry about the details, because I believed that Jehovah God would work that out of course.

You know, that was probably the only Kingdom song that really made me emotional. "If you Keep your Eyes on the Prize." Remember that one? "When eyes of blind ones see again, when ears of deaf ones hear again."

And now what? What do we have to look forward to? Those of us that spent our youth pioneering, making sacrifices for the Kingdom, waiting and waiting for Armageddon so we could have our huge family and live forever, no more death.

And now I know that one day I will be in a nursing home somewhere, yes in diapers, yes forgetting who everyone is, yes losing my mind. Or if I am fortunate, I will die in my sleep before that. But it's not likely.

That's why even though I saw so many inconsistencies over the years, I didn't accept it. I wanted to believe it. I wanted it to be true.

Now what? Most of the time I enjoy life, but sometimes its just sad to think there is no paradise on earth around the corner.

What about you? Similar thoughts?

BF

• minimus
    minimus

I'd rather deal in reality than fantasy.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Who says there isn't?

The Bible assures that all things wrong are going to be made right.

It's just that we don't need anyone lording it over us in order to realize those blessings.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

Actually I realized that the same people who made life horrible at the KH would be in the so-called paradise with the same behaviors making people miserable. I got to the point where I would rather live a short, useful and happier life now than life forever with the cruel people in the WTS.

The paradise earth of the WTS is an illusion. There is no way that I can imagine they will suddenly change just because they go through Armageddon. The Israelites did not change much after crossing through the Red Sea, but rather were participating in false religion just months later.

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/diary.html

THE DIARY OF AN ARMAGEDDON SURVIVOR

This is not fantasy, this is what we were taught to expect when we were Jehovah's Witnesses.

Blondie

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I prefer reality as well. But I believed the paradise earth WAS reality.

• blondie
    blondie

Bonafide, I used to believe that my parents loved me too, but then I found out that my father's pedophilic behaviors were not the love my mother said it was, but abuse. Be glad that you woke up and still have life left to live.

Blondie

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I don't think I ever TRULY bought into the paradise idea. I don't believe that death is necessarily the end, to be fair none of us can say for certain.

• wobble
    wobble

Take a look to your left from your cross Bonafide, the man hanging there just said you WILL be with him in paradise.

The bad news is its on Saturday ! (only joking)

Love

Wobble

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You could always CHOOSE to believe another fantasy. It may offer a measure of comfort.

Granted, it might be a little more difficult to reinstate the cognitive dissonance, having once been freed from it.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks Blondie. I am glad, just some sad thoughts creep in there sometimes.

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit