Does God Hold You Responsible?

by Undecided 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I was thinking about the responsibility that Christianity puts on believers to convert others. Does God hold his worshipers responsibile to get other worshipers, especially when this brings persecution and death in many instances? Doesn't God consider his worshipers worth a little help in this world? Like one bible writer said, he could make the stones cry out. If he can, why doesn't He? It would work so much better than a Watchtower or Awake. It would convince me. But no, we have to search out all the conflicting fluff and try to come up with "TRUTH", then, when we think we have found it, it turns out to be more fluff.

I'm tired of all the different crap I have seen purported to be absolute "TRUTH". You have to listen to your own conscience, but many times it has been trained by others to the point that it really isn't your own. Where do you go from here? I guess I will continue to think of God as something out there, but I damn sure don't know where.

Ken P.

• blondie
    blondie

I always wonder, why weren't the Israelites required to convert people? Even when the Gibeonites tricked them, some still wanted to just slaughter them; even King Saul kept trying to his family's detriment. The Israelites were instructed to slaughter the non-Israelites. If it's a choice of killing people and preaching, I choose preaching. Is there a third choice?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    ...why weren't the Israelites required to convert people?

The answer has to do with primarily why Christians themselves ARE required to "convert people". The foremost purpose in the "good news" being declared is to find those who qualify to rule with Christ during his 1000-year-long administration. This selection was not going on in the days of ancient Israel. Instead their history was concerned with producing the Messiah. Since Jesus' time, during the "Christian" era, the concern is with producing the full complement of those who will make up and administration in association with Jesus, the full number being 144,000. Of course during such search there are many found who can't meet the high standards required to qualify for being chosen as one of the "anointed", but yet have a love for God. Those of this category whom are still alive when Armageddon strikes will pass over into the new system of things as the "great crowd" of Revelation 7:9, 13-14. Because all the 144,000 haven't been found yet the search goes on, and will go on right up into the day of the upcoming 8th King of Bible prophecy. During the brief reign of the 8th King the last one will be selected, and then God will allow the "four angels" to unleash the "four winds" which depict Armageddon. -- Revelation 7:1-3.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Undecided,

God would not hold us responsible for man-made customs and rules masquerading as religion.

Where do we go from here? The same place we and most in the world go; live our life with love for our family and friends and for those less fortunate.

As for where God is, look in the night sky!

IW

• Undecided
    Undecided

Thanks IW,

That's just about the way I see it right now, but I also like the day sky as well. A beautiful day with my family makes life a blessing.

Ken P.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

You're mixing up Dub Heresy with Real Christianity. God will have mercy on whom He has mercy. If one preaches or witnesses it is because the person wants others to experience what he/she already has. Whoever doesn't find salvation before they die is ultimately a thing that is under God's control. There are two paths for immortal mankind, heaven or hell.
    Rex

• Englishman
    Englishman

Friday,

You should make up your mind as to whether your god is either the Creator or just another company director.

We have plenty of spin-doctors already in the UK. The god that you describe sounds just like any of them.

Talk, talk, talk.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Yadirf;

Please provide scriptural proof of the following statements you make:

The foremost purpose in the "good news" being declared is to find those who qualify to rule with Christ during his 1000-year-long administration.
    Since Jesus' time, during the "Christian" era, the concern is with producing the full complement of those who will make up and administration in association with Jesus, the full number being 144,000.
    during such search there are many found who can't meet the high standards required to qualify for being chosen as one of the "anointed", but yet have a love for God.
    Those of this category whom are still alive when Armageddon strikes will pass over into the new system of things as the "great crowd" of Revelation 7:9, 13-14.
    Because all the 144,000 haven't been found yet the search goes on, and will go on right up into the day of the upcoming 8th King of Bible prophecy.
    I contend that all of the above are nothing more than Watchtower dogma that you are parrotting; there is not the least support in scripture for any of those statements.

Last time that I quoted your spouting of Watchtower dogma and requested that you defend it with scripture (that would be in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=17451&site=3), you did not respond. I suspect that this time will be no different, since your statements are scripturally indefensible.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

"A beautiful day with my family makes life a blessing."

Yes, it does Ken! I am very happy for you!!!!!!

Take Care,
    IW

• ISP
    ISP

God is not clearly directing anyone to do anything in particular!

So I wouldn't worry!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit