*Updated* Governing Body Member Points at IC

by nbernat 28 Replies latest jw friends

• nbernat
    nbernat

*Sorry for the near triple post. I figured I'm going to have to break it down so everyone can see.*

Point #1

We are like children playing outside innocently whose mother freaks out once she sees that the ignorant child finds a snake and starts playing with it. Although the child does not die, he comes to understand the danger after he must go to the hospital. Just because we might see something doesn't mean we see its danger.

Point #2

Spiritual blindness is much more dangerous than literal or mental blindness.

Point #3

Singing is a very important part of our worship to Jehovah and an astounding 10% of Levites were responsible for composing music, playing music and singing to Jehovah God in the past. Because Witnesses aren’t experts in music, Jehovah is providing us a timely provision with a new songbook with 135 songs, 42 of which are new! Some of the new songs include “Faithful women” and “Beautiful in Grayness”.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Point #4

Opposers (read: apostates) accuse Witnesses of judging but Jesus himself taught us to be “inspector of fruits or of people”.

Point #5

Apparently there are new words for the anointed; perhaps I hadn’t heard them before but they are “watchmen” and “watchtower class”. I found them to be new to me at least.

Point #6

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses declare God’s word in “all of the world” (China? The Middle East?).

Point #7

Jehovah’s name has been “restored” in the NWT because the Society felt God’s name not being in the NT was inconsistent with the OT, which is why it was added. Acts 15:14 indicates that it’s logical that 1 st century Christians knew God’s name and that it was taken out of the Greek Scriptures afterwards.

Point #8

Proof that God’s organization is the WTBTS: in the November 1 st 1939 Watchtower Jehovah indicated to His people that He did not want them involved in politics and the articles arrived RIGHT ON TIME (he sounds so awkward when he speaks! I’m sure he’s a nice man but that’s the truth!).

Umm no Brother Morris. Nice try though. WWII started on September 1st 1939, one month prior, and there were signs for months that Nazi Germany and the Axis powers were being aggressive with the Allied powers' allies.

• nbernat
    nbernat

July 1 st 1945-- Christians should recognize the sanctity of blood and by 1961 no Witness accepted a blood transfusion. Medical organizations did not start warning of the risks involved with transfusions until afterwards. How can we deny that the JWs are not God’s organization? We knew beforehand the threats human blood posed!

Point #9

I found this part rather amusing…not sure if he did this on purpose but he said. “Let’s set the record STRAIGHT, we have brothers and sisters who used to be homosexuals. We can overcome conducts. We must hate the conduct, not the people.”

Point #10

Satan is promoting evolution nowadays providing so-called links and having people accept it as fact BLINDLY. Ummm…blindly? And surely JWs follow the Organization open-eyedly? I'm sure the GB's spirit-guided claims are more valid than fossils.

Point #11

Many of our young people live in big cities and haven’t seen creation up-close—now they can with the new DVD! ***CLAPS AND CHEERS***

God’s creation reflects His wonderful qualities.

Like rage? Read: volcanoes?

Point #12

1914 and 1942 are two key dates. In 1914, WWI started and the Society taught that Christ had begun to rule and thrown Satan out of heaven. In 1942, the Society taught that the king mentioned in Revelation that was would rise again with a new name was the League of Nations, a few years afterwards the UN came into existence.

DO YOU REALLY NEED ANYMORE PROOF BESIDES THESE TWO DATES THAT INDICATE WITHOUT DOUBT THAT YOU ARE WITH JEHOVAH’S ONLY ORGANIZATION ON EARTH? SHOULDN’T WE ALL BE CERTAIN THAT WE ARE THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION!!!!!!!!!? (this is not paraphrased)

*claps*

T hat was disgusting. I wanted to be like, “Umm…of course we do. Two dates that were semi-accurate mean you must be guided by God?” This man was on crack.

• sspo
    sspo

Did jehovah make a mistake about 1975, 1925, 1918, 1914?

How many people have been saved by blood transfusions?

Glad they came out with dvd about creation to help the young ones....

most likely clips stolen from the Discovery channel, National Geographic and Animal Planet.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Lol. Yeah that's what I've always asked myself. If they claim divine wisdom for some dates, why not claim them for all?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

My mom went to this exercise in brainwashing and fact hiding. I'm going to hear all the latest BS from bethel all week long. Goodie....

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"1914 and 1942 are two key dates. In 1914, WWI started and the Society taught that Christ had begun to rule and thrown Satan out of heaven. In 1942, the Society taught that the king mentioned in Revelation that was would rise again with a new name was the League of Nations, a few years afterwards the UN came into existence.

DO YOU REALLY NEED ANYMORE PROOF BESIDES THESE TWO DATES THAT INDICATE WITHOUT DOUBT THAT YOU ARE WITH JEHOVAH’S ONLY ORGANIZATION ON EARTH? SHOULDN’T WE ALL BE CERTAIN THAT WE ARE THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION!!!!!!!!!? (this is not paraphrased)"

Ahhh... the old "Texas Sharpshooting" logical fallacy. A more logical explaination to this would be:

In 1914 and 1942, the political climate around the world was shaky at best. In 1914, most of the western world was moving from being governed by monarchs to being governed by congresses, parliments and other sorts of republican and democratic forms of government. Examples of this phenomenon were countries like Prussia, the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria-Hungary, the Ottoman Empire and Russia. The people were being made into serfs for too long and they were tired of it. They were looking to revolt. The powers that be on the other hand wanted to keep their stranglehold. It was an uneasy balance that could fall apart at any time. The Archduke was assasinated and the powers that be, fearing that they would look impotent to the people, waged war on each other. Any idiot at the time could see that the world was going to change from being governed by royals to being governed by parliments and congresses. The WT simply stated the obvious.

In 1942, colonies all over the world were sick of being controlled by countries that were thousands of miles away from them, not to mention too that Germany wanted to become a colonial power. Everybody knew that Hitler was one day going to try to conquer Europe. It didn't take a genius to figure that out. It also didn't take a genius to figure out that the colonial empires of many western nations were in danger of collapsing. Add to that a global depression and you had yourself a powdereg.

If you apply logical thinking to the WT's predictions, you can simply see that the WT were good guessers and not prophets nor guided by god. For anything that didn't fit their prediction, they simply moved their facts to fit their predictions, hence why the world didn't end in 1914, but Jesus simply "came invisibly" instead. They simply did what "mind readers" have been doing for centuries. Except for the letting children bleed to death, not informing the police about child molestors in their mists, latent racism, etc.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This thread is not loading properly in Internet Explorer...only part of the first post is showing and the reply portion at the bottom is not there...just a grey area.

Its fine in Mozilla though.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Page works in Chrome, but not IE8

• carla
    carla

Point 8

Proof that God’s organization is the WTBTS: in the November 1 st 1939 Watchtower Jehovah indicated to His people that He did not want them involved in politics and the articles arrived RIGHT ON TIME (he sounds so awkward when he speaks! I’m sure he’s a nice man but that’s the truth!).

Interesting that the language used is "Jehovah indicated" in reference to the WT. How often have we heard that it is merely imperfect men in the writing dept & gb? Not only that, but I was told by my jw, an elder, & ms that 1939 is too far back to go to use wt quotes against them. Ask them if new light has been printed on a subject and they refuse to research the matter and may often say it is safe to assume there was. It would be interesting to go back and find some other things 'jehovah indicated' in 1939.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit