• nbernat
    nbernat

Ugh it's doing it again!!!!!??!!!

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

Anyone else from San Diego?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

One thing I find annoying is that they claim Jehovah for their own works. Like, Jehovah does this or does that when it is they. Do they want people to view them as God? lol

As for dates being correct? lol Another big joke. I'm thinking they are getting desperate with their 1914 BS and somehow are still pushing this old lie on the ignorant. Since they're still pushing this crap, I'm guessing they won't get rid of 1914 but will make another end episode as an imminent event. The governing body are just nuts! If they had any brain in their stupid skulls they would have gotten rid of 1914 loooong time ago.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That new songbook sure sounds like another pathetic attempt to get "music" to crowd out real music. While it is true that regular music has deteriorated lately (because of conglomerates that control what you hear on the radio, not because of the filth and drugs you hear in rap music or Devil worship in heavy metal), it is still better than the s*** that they pass as "music". (Besides, one can always listen to oldies from before 1996, when the conglomerates seized control of all the radio stations, and independent music.)

Once this "new" songbook is released, the original 225 songs will be phased out. They might allow people to keep the CDs and tapes they already own, or they might make people throw them away after a time has passed. (For sure, they are not going to print new copies.) You are going to hear such comments as "With all this beautiful new music, who needs worldly music?" being used to get people (new studies) to throw away all their regular music. They might even try that s*** on teenagers that only want to listen to a new CD by Hannah Montana--and will now have to throw that "worldly crap" out because "this is so much better".

I think the best place for the "new" songbook is the trash. Not only are there fewer songs in it (and most are recycled anyway), but it is going to be used to purge teenagers' collections of real music. That is one more reason why I am against this Kingdumb s***--if people would listen to it and accord others the freedom to refrain from it or to mix it with regular music, I have no problem. But, to use it to force others to abandon real music is not acceptable. Bonus: It is a virutal assurance that they totally lack quality.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The first thing I noticed is that Grand Poobah Morris sounds a lot like George Bush the Elder (DaddyBush).

Another very annoying thing was that the Spanish translator would repeat what Morris said afterward, instead of in real time to a separate audience, so it dragged on twice as long and they said half as much as needed. Once the translator apparently fell asleep in the middle of his work and needed prodding from Morris. This was the one funny moment in this boastfest.

Kingdom Melodies - Even the most backwoods stumpwater Baptist church can produce a choir that can sing circles around the lackluster murmuring that passes for singing in this group.

I was in section 57 on the east side, and my audio is not all that good, but I can process it enough to make it listenable by compression of dynamic range for those who want to hear for themself.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Yeah, that's who he reminded me of! I was comparing him to Dick Cheney, but HW Bush's voice is what I was going for.

• TD
    TD

In 1942, the Society taught that the king mentioned in Revelation that was would rise again with a new name was the League of Nations, a few years afterwards the UN came into existence.

This is a JW urban legend that was often told by elderly JW's. The historical fact is the charter for the U.N. had already been drawn up at the time this "prediction" was made. (i.e. That the League of Nations would rise again.) This happened at the United Nations Conference in San Francisco, April of 1945

The fact that a GB member is repeating it as fact is further proof that the inmates are taking over and running the asylum. The JW leadership used to know better than to make claims like this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit