Vaccines & Autism: A Deadly Manufactroversy

by drwtsn32 39 Replies latest social current

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm also skeptical about brain tumors being causes by cell phones.

Some people like to talk about how so-and-so got a brain tumor right where they hold their cell phone... yet we never hear of anyone getting hand tumors from a cell phone. Last I checked we hold the cell phone in our hand... and the hand is closer to the cell phone than the brain.

Regarding autism... the only reason the rates appear to be going up is because modern civilization is no longer killing the "demon possessed children".

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we just had little Lindy's 13 month Ist MMR then the 2nd MMR to come in September, when can babies start showing symptoms of Autism? she's fine by the way

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Many children show signs of autism in early infancy. Other children may develop normally for the first few months or years of life but then suddenly become withdrawn, aggressive or lose language skills they've already acquired. Though each child with autism is likely to have a unique pattern of behavior, these characteristics are common signs of the disorder:

Social skills

• Fails to respond to his or her name
    • Has poor eye contact
    • Appears not to hear you at times
    • Resists cuddling and holding
    • Appears unaware of others' feelings
    • Seems to prefer playing alone — retreats into his or her "own world"

Language

• Starts talking later than other children
    • Loses previously acquired ability to say words or sentences
    • Does not make eye contact when making requests
    • Speaks with an abnormal tone or rhythm — may use a singsong voice or robot-like speech
    • Can't start a conversation or keep one going
    • May repeat words or phrases verbatim, but doesn't understand how to use them

Behavior

• Performs repetitive movements, such as rocking, spinning or hand-flapping
    • Develops specific routines or rituals
    • Becomes disturbed at the slightest change in routines or rituals
    • Moves constantly
    • May be fascinated by parts of an object, such as the spinning wheels of a toy car
    • May be unusually sensitive to light, sound and touch and yet oblivious to pain
    • http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/autism/DS00348/DSECTION=symptoms
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I'm also skeptical about brain tumors being causes by cell phones.

Yeah. The electromagnetic radiation from a cell phone is not ionizing; it doesn't damage cells or DNA. Good point about hands.... lol

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thanks that's very interesting Mrs Jonesy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good info, Josie.

Isn't autism noticed and diagnosed around 2 years of age?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Our son is 21 months old...doesn't really talk. But he doesn't show any other signs of autism. I didn't talk until I was about 3 years old so I'm figuring he picked up that from me..... hopefully.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sometimes, depends on when the symptoms manifest, how quickly the parents notice, and if the parents can get the right help. I noticed my youngest wasn't talking and acting different (development wise) from his siblings when he was about 18 months. I was able to get him into a program called First Steps in Indiana. We finally got a diagnosis not from his pediatrician but from the school district child physiologist when Joshua was four years - Autism Spectrum Disorder (basically a blanket diagnosis that covers a very big spectrum). Joshua is very high functioning but he still has language issues and a few other behaviors.

Josie

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Social skills

• Fails to respond to his or her name, too distracted.
    • Has poor eye contact, always staring at cleavage.
    • Appears not to hear you at times
    • Resists cuddling and holding, unless it is someone with nice bewbies
    • Appears unaware of others' feelings especially when bewbies are involved.
    • Seems to prefer playing alone — retreats into his or her "own world", especially after seeing a nice set of bewbies.
    • Fondles bewbies without asking permission.

Shit, I think I am autistic.

BTS

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Regarding autism... the only reason the rates appear to be going up is because modern civilization is no longer killing the "demon possessed children".

Well, more to the point, it is being recognized and diagnosed more. The same issue of Skeptic had an excellent article about this....that if you examine the epidemiology of autism in countries like Japan or South Korea, it would seem to be practically nonexistent. This is due to fear of the family being shamed for having an autistic child, so it doesn't get reported (I also met an austistic man from Japan who dealt with this personally). Prevelance is not the same thing as incidence. The large uptick in autism being reported in the US in the 1990s at least in part reflects the fact that diagnostic criteria have changed and autism is being better reported than it used to be. There are many adult autistics who were never diagnosed as children. The upshot of this is that many of the autistic children of the 1990s and 2000s will grow up to have fairly normal (read: not neurotypical but functioning successfully) lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit