how hard is it to move on?...lose everyone?...start new???

by oompa 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

but my wife is a wonderful person........and i so dont want to hurt her

This makes it tuff..

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Maybe it's sick, but the only way I knew I was ready to leave, was to prepare myself that I may never speak to my friends and family again -- and when I realized that I didn't care, that for my own sanity I needed out anyway - in spite of that cost - it was easier to do. I think facing the worst case-scenario and accepting what it means removes some of the guilt of leaving. It's not like it's a surprise then...

good luck oompa, you will get through this. I've been out 8 years now, and couldn't be happier. The me 8 years ago could not even begin to imagine the possibilities of the depth of happiness I have in my life now. The me now, thanks the me 8 years ago with being brave enough to leave anyway...without the hindsight that it would all work out for the best. If I had stayed - I can only imagine how miserable I'd be.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Oompa, hope you take the advice here, let us know what you decide to do, we care to know the outcome! (Be solution oriented, it seems you are stuck in a rut and something's gotta give, dear sir.)

Rachel

• 1914BS
    1914BS

I left in 1985 and lost all my so called friends but made new ones that were not hung up on idolizing 12 men they had never met.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit