Picture of Jesus in the KH

by startingover 21 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

The local KH here has no artwork anywhere in the building. Only the sign with the year text. seek2find

• Denial
    Denial

my old KH had lame watercolor paintings of nature scenes in the lobby. felt like a dentist's office. i wish they put up big murals of the armegeddon art work. now that's some gnarly art!

• startingover
    startingover

I was born and raised a JW and the whole idea of this kind of picture at the entrance to a hall doesn't fit into what I was taught. Neither does the theme of the district convention recently - "Follow the Christ".

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    When I go into a church with a cross over the altar, incense around it and people are kneeling in front of it and doing signs of cross on their foreheads, wearing them around there necks, touching them when praying, singing praise to the cross I have no doubt it is idolatry but lets try and nit pick here.

You mean like if I go to a Kingdom Hall with a Watchtower symbol above the podium, have the emblem on all their badges, singing and reading in front of it, and have it on every book they read?

You know what they say, don't point fingers because there's always four fingers pointing right back.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

"in Citrus Heights, CA"

I used to attend that hall when I lived in Syphilis Heights!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Back in the late 60's I attended a really old KH that did have a 8x11" picture of Jesus with children that hung in the hallway to the restrooms in the basement. They did a "remodel" in 1970 or 71 and the picture was removed and a vase with phony flowers replaced it.

For "Christians"....I don't recall anything in the line of paintings, etc that represent the only King and Savior that the WTS adorers claim to follow.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I think it sounds kinda nice.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

When I go into a church with a cross over the altar, incense around it and people are kneeling in front of it and doing signs of cross on their foreheads, wearing them around there necks, touching them when praying, singing praise to the cross I have no doubt it is idolatry but lets try and nit pick here.

Cool, when did you convert to Catholicism?

• DJK
    DJK

Idolatry!!!!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..So you go to Church now?..LOL!!..That must be on the days your not a Jehovah`s Witness!!..LOL!!...................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit