Author of the book "J.W.s and the hour of darkness" Darek Barefoot speaks up on the conference call concerning subliminal images in the Watchtower lit.

by koolaid-man 53 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Reniaa - you are so correct. I read Barefoot's "book" and couldn't stop laughing (or, if you like, shaking my head in utter disbelief). If you hold the page upside down, then make a 63 degree angle to the left, then let the light shine thru, then shut your right eye and look thru the left angle of your left - you see a HORN, or a sharp angle, or two fingers making a Satanic gesture.

It's all Rorshak test - you know when you looked at a page with coloured dots on it. Some times you saw the figure 8, sometimes the figure 63, sometimes the figure 167. Once you saw it, it was impossible not to.

Just one - ONE - picture I found odd, and that was the Zeus picture predating all the other ones.

Remember the MAD magazine - wow! could they fold pages and make them produce new pictures.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I was always fascinated by the subliminal images of the WT...WHY ARE THERE

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If any of you would take an art history course, or for that matter, go to your nearest college campus and talk with an art history professor....you would open yourself up for a real education!

Artists have always used subliminal techniques to get an unspoken message across.

I have also been trying to show yousome of these things this past week through some of the crucifixion artwork I have posted. Many of these paintings cannot be found on internet websites, so I cannot always link to them.

Since I have been investigating some of these paintings, I have noticed some of them have now been removed from viewing, or the image has been cropped to delete the occult symbols, or maybe a detail of the painting is shown now instead of the painting in its entirety.

Again, you who disbelieve the speech of symbols in art, do so because you do not have an understanding of it. When words cannot be spoken, or might be dangerous, it calls for the descretion of subtle symbols.

Educate yourself by speaking with someone more knowledgeable in the field before you decide to 'poo-poo' something just based on your own presumptions.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Again, you who disbelieve the speech of symbols in art, do so because you do not have an understanding of it. When words cannot be spoken, or might be dangerous, it calls for the descretion of subtle symbols.

Educate yourself by speaking with someone more knowledgeable in the field before you decide to 'poo-poo' something just based on your own presumptions.

As a college graduate, am I educated enough to comment on it? (yes, I have taken painting classes - lol). Just because artists can put subliminal messages into their artwork doesn't mean they do. All of the other reasons for doubting this stand on their own two feet. The human mind is a powerful thing, but it also can be easily suggestible. If I say you're gonna see a face, you're gonna see a face. If I say there's a horn, there's a horn. And don't get me started on that dumbass "anagram".

In any case, this stuff is childish, and detracts from the real issues JWs face. Jesus, do we not have enough dirt on the WTS that we have to look at their silly artwork?

This also goes to show that Kool-aid man is ONLY looking for sensational stories. Last time it was "ritual satanic abuse," now it's "subliminal messages" in artwork used decades ago. What about blood? What about mind control? What about child abuse? What about disfellowshipping?

If you want to look like a raving mad apostate with a few screws loose, the PERFECT way to do it is to talk about this stuff.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I personally have the book. And after reading it .I thought
    that is what bothered David.
    But pictures written in the WT & Awake is not what worries ME
    But what the Watchtower does to FAMILIES!! Hearts,Hopes,You cant see the "images" of them...
    You cant remember the names of those who killed themselves(MANY)
    after being D/F. I often think of the 15 year old who killed himself
    after " LOVING elders ?"told him the grave sin he had committed
    after his worried earthly father reported that he had caught the
    15 year old masterbating.....Can you IMAGINE That.? I cant draw
    a picture, but my heart aches every time I think of it....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I remain skeptical BUT...

If you have a copy of the Knowledge that leads to everlasting life book, find the picture of Jehovah on his throne in the clouds, fold the picture three ways and you will have a skull on a pyramid.

This is no joke, I've done it myself, don't know who found that and I didn't have to stare at it either, it's definitely there

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

15 year old masterbating.....Can you IMAGINE That.? I cant draw
    a picture, but my heart aches every time I think of it....

taking this out of context is BAD.

since it was highlighted i read it first and was like there better be some context lol

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

If you have a copy of the Knowledge that leads to everlasting life book, find the picture of Jehovah on his throne in the clouds, fold the picture three ways and you will have a skull on a pyramid.

This is no joke, I've done it myself, don't know who found that and I didn't have to stare at it either, it's definitely there

Yeah, and if you fold the $20 bill a few different ways you can see the Pentagon and the World Trade Center burning.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This is interesting, it's one of e-watchman's commentaries

http://www.e-watchman.com/commentaries/watchtower-subliminal-images.html

Does Watchtower Literature Contain Subliminal Images?

A subliminal image is a picture within a picture – a graphic cleverly imbedded within another image that is intended to bypass the conscious mind undetected but is perceived on a subconscious level. How a person might be affected subconsciously is a matter of debate.

My earliest awareness of subliminal imagery in Watchtower literature was back in 1983. Some of Jehovah’s Witnesses who have been around for a few years might remember the February 1st issue of the Watchtower magazine that year that had an artist’s rather crude sketch of a couple of Jehovah’s Witnesses preaching on a city street with a clean-shaven, ephemeral angel hovering above them, presumably directing their ministry. But subtly camouflaged in the lower left side of the dress of the lady in the background – who appears to have a dog on a leash – was a bearded, Zeus-like face of a man.

It wasn’t even particularly well hidden, as a 12 year old sister, the daughter of the presiding overseer of our congregation at the time, innocently pointed it out to a number of us after the Watchtower Study. It was one of those things, though, that after it was pointed out you say to yourself: ‘Why didn’t I see that?’ It seemed rather obvious. (Click here for an enlargement of the illustration as well as other examples of Watchtower pictures that may contain subliminals hosted on a French language website)

The image caused quite a little stir in our congregation; so much so that one of the elders felt compelled to mention it from the platform. Ironically, the presiding overseer whose daughter had spotted the bearded face gave a Service Meeting part a few days after the Watchtower Study and rebuked the congregation for even thinking that the Society’s literature could contain subliminal images. It was a bizarre Orwellian experience, to be sure, to be told that what you see with your own eyes is not really there. I must say, that the local elders’ perverse denial of reality was more disturbing then the actual subliminal image itself, which at the time I passed off as the childish prank of a mischievous Bethel artist.

But the local elders were not alone in denial. About a year later the Watchtower also backhandedly acknowledged the subliminal image flap by claiming it was a ridiculous and unfounded rumor – strangely, likening it to the “Paul is dead” publicity stunt during the Beatles’ heyday. Here’s a little blurb from the September 1st, 1984, Watchtower: “Some years ago it was widely believed that a member of the singing group the Beatles had died in an auto accident and had been replaced by a double. Even the Watchtower Society’s publications have been the subject of rumors—for example, that one of the artists had secretly been introducing pictures of demons into the illustrations, was subsequently found out and disfellowshiped!...Certainly, the rumor concerning the Society’s publications was harmful, as well as slanderous to the zealous Christians who work long hours producing artwork to make the magazines, brochures and books so attractive. This was as ridiculous as it would be to say that God, in creating celestial bodies, deliberately formed the appearance of a ‘man in the moon.’”

But seeing is believing, as the saying goes. It was not a rumor. It was not the product of imagination on the part of thousands of readers who surely must have noticed the image. It was a camouflaged face of a man – as can be seen in the graphic on this page. Of course, the skilled subliminal artist endeavors to camouflage the image in such a way so as to trick the eye into not seeing what is before it so that those who do not wish to see it can easily excuse themselves from seeing the subliminal.

At any rate, that was more than 20 years ago; however, since then allegations that Watchtower literature contains grotesque satanic subliminal images and occult symbols have resurfaced on the Internet. According to the evidence presented on a number of websites it would appear that subliminal art work has become much more sophisticated than the somewhat amateurish image that appeared in the pages of the Watchtower in 1983.

Up until now I have been somewhat hesitant to introduce the readership of e-watchman to the issues of Watchtower subliminals. But after having looked at the evidence presented, in my opinion there is some substance to it. But each reader can make up their own mind.

Unfortunately, some of the people hosting websites that present the evidence appear somewhat hysterical and imbalanced in their approach to the matter. And rather than simply making a presentation of the facts they try to persuade Jehovah’s Witnesses to flee out of the organization. However, it is best to follow the apostolic advice and keep a sound mind and not be quickly shaken from our reason.

Here is a link to a very poorly designed website with some interesting illustrations. Evidently there is a CD in circulation with an extensive presentation of Watchtower subliminals. This site merely presents one example. Discounting the site owner’s personal conclusions, the presentation of a detailed breakdown of an image in the “Knowledge” book is nonetheless interesting – if not disturbing. The technique used for examining one of the book’s illustrations is called mirroring. It simply involves holding the painting up to a mirror and bringing the edges of the two opposed images together to form a new picture. The detail revealed seems beyond coincidence.

Here is a link to a better designed website whose designer humorously calls himself the “Watchman of the Art.” The site displays a number of subliminal and non-subliminal pictures highlighting the frequency with which the Watchtower uses horned goats and rams, which are symbols of the Devil. (Even the Scriptures make reference to “goat-shaped demons.”)

Finally, here is a link to the now-defunct Watchtower Observer site that is archived on the reexamine.org site with a few other instances of possible Watchtower subliminals. (Unfortunately some of the graphics are not reproduced very well.)

Some might be inclined to dismiss the examples presented. However, my personal conclusion is that they are real and that the Watchtower Society has probably been infiltrated by a secret coven of Devil worshippers; evidenced not only by the subliminal imagery, but also by such things as the Society’s irrational attachment to 1914; their hypocritical NGO affair and their lying denial of it, as well as their callous refusal to accept any responsibility to protect the children in the congregation from sexual predators. (See commentary: Do Elders Have a Fiduciary Duty?)

In reality, from the very beginning of the Watchtower Society there has always been the presence of occult symbols, like Charles Russell’s fascination with pyramidology; the use of the Masonic and Templar’s symbol of the cross and the crown; the occultic winged sun that appeared on several books; the promotion by the Society of the occultic book Angels and Women, which was advertised as having been dictated by a “fallen angel.”

However, whereas anti-Watchtower groups and ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses alike have tried to use such things as proof that the Watchtower is not Jehovah’s organization, the presence of such evils is consistent with the fact that the demons have always sought to insinuate themselves into the midst of the leadership of God’s people. And why shouldn’t they? They are demons, after all! Let’s not be naïve as to their powers and intentions.

Besides, the appearance of disguised demonic images in the Society’s literature is probably not intended to mentally influence Jehovah’s Witnesses any way. It would appear that the presence of such images is akin to the animal practice of urinating to mark off a territory. More than likely it is Satan’s way of coyly flaunting his presence within the intimate circle of the anointed congregation by attaching himself to something dedicated to Jehovah in order to desecrate it – similar to the how the insidious influence of Baal in the Israelite nation manifested itself through the display of various crude and lewd images.

The presence of such evils within the organization is simply another manifestation of “the mystery of this lawlessness” at work in the house of God, which Paul foretold would emanate from a man of lawlessness “according to the operation of Satan.”

Contrary to the conclusions some would have us reach, the presence of Satan within the congregation does not discount the fact that it is Jehovah’s organization. The Scriptures plainly indicate that Satan will be present within Jehovah’s organization up until the actual judgment is executed against him. That is evident from the very prophecy from which Jehovah’s Witnesses have derived their distinctive name – Isaiah 43:12. That verse reads: “I myself have told forth and have saved and have caused it to be heard, when there was among you no strange god. So you are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I am God.”

It is apparent in so many ways, including the prevalence of hidden occult images in the Society’s literature, that there is indeed a “strange god” among us. What’s the solution? The next verse of Isaiah’s prophecy foretells how Jehovah will deal with the situation, posing the question: “I shall get active, and who can turn it back?”

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I understand your skepticism DanielP, you have been at Bethel, seen everything at work etc, whereas I have not.

Yes, I have folded the $20 and $10 bill and have seen the images.

The Knowledge book was more convincing to me because the outline is unmistakable - it is a skull with the eyes and nose on a pyramid.

I'm trying to find a picture of it but can't, there used to be one.

The other pictures are somewhat doubtful.

I think it depends on what you make of it. I would never have noticed anything if it wasn't pointed out to me, and one of the ways I amused myself while bored stiff at the meetings was to look at the pictures in the magazines and study books and never saw anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit