Newbie alert !!! Just wanted to say hello...

by sadiejive 43 Replies latest jw friends

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Hello all!!!

I came here by chance...looking for none other than JW material:) I am currently studying with JW's and attend the KH but am not baptized, as are none of the members of my fam...yet. I've been studying for almost 4 years with the witnesses.

I am confused...that's the simplest way of putting it. My husband has recently joined the theocratic ministry school. I am still a little, what's the word, hesitant about getting involved. This is my first year not celebrating Christmas (and any of the other holidays) and it has been really hard (A LOT harder for me than my dh). I just finished reading another post on here about Christmas and it was very informative. I copied and pasted into wordpad one of the responses to show to my husband. It basically hit the nail on the head with what I had been trying to say to my hub and our witness friends all along. Where do you draw the line?? Practically EVERYTHING that exists "now" was pagan back "then", ya know?? Anyhow...I'm really mixed up about a lot of things...not just holidays. When I try to talk to my dh about numerous things that I question, he always responds by saying, "well, let's ask XXXXX and XXXX about it." ...and, as I am sure you've guessed, they always have a perfect explanation. I don't know. They really seem like good people...and everything they say does make sense...but then again it doesn't...did that make sense??:-)

Anyhow, sorry for the length. Just wanted to say, "Here I am!!!!";-)

sadie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hello sadie,

I hope you like it here. There are lots of wonderful people posting and some pretty grumpy ones too and some silly ones and some happy ones and a troll called .. well, i'll let you find that out for yourself

All the best, what do i say now .. unhappy xmas? unclebruce

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hallo!

Its good you've located this board, I think you might find some 'truth' here......

And always remember, "when somethin's not right, its wrong"....

Pope

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hi Sadie and welcome!

They really seem like good people...and everything they say does make sense...but then again it doesn't...did that make sense??:-)
    JW's, as a group, are generally good people, just misinformed and under-informed.

Your confusion is the classic response to cult-thinking and attempts to brainwash. I urge you and your husband to think very seriously about becoming Witnesses. Please make an informed decision.

Remember, once you become a Witness, you can never leave intact. Just ask any of us how much we have lost by leaving, not to mention the pain involved.

There is a lot of great info available online that will broaden your perspective. Please look at the bottom of this screen for several links.

Also read the personal stories of many ex-JW's here on this site and others. My story is at http://beam.to/truthquest.

My best to you and keep reading and posting!

Doug Kelley

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• waiting
    waiting

Hi Sadie and welcome!

See down the bottom of this page in little print? There are clicks to other sites with a wealth of information about Jehovah's Witnesses. Some a bit biting to read - but true.....all true.

I am an inactive jw woman of 30 years. I joined at age 20, raised 3 children in the org.

Read, read, read, read - on the Internet and an excellent book is Crisis of Conscience on the background and teachings of jw's. Your study conductor and husband most likely will not like this at all.

But remember - there's no way to leave jw's and not lose your jw family after baptism. No way.

Stick around!

waiting

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Unclebruce: I'll keep my eyes peeled...LOL

Pope: Words of wisdom ...thanks

Freepeace: Thanks for the advice and the honesty. I don't feel brainwashed (but then again, who does??? ), as I haven't hastily "embraced" the "truth". I do see a lot of good points that they make but not enough to make me run out and get baptized. Thank you for the urls. I'll be sure to check them out.

sadie

"Every exit is an entry somewhere."

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Waiting,

And that's what scares me. We have 2 children, 5 and 3...number one reason why this Xmas is so hard. We've planned a vacation instead but it still just feels like crap. We ride down the road and my children squeal at the beauty of the lights and the trees...it breaks my heart. They haven't the ability to reason, as I do. They just do as they are told and accept it, whether they understand it or not. And I hate that.

If they are raised in this and later I get out and it's all they know then I am majorly burned . And so are they. I don't think dh has fully grasped the reality of all of this.

You're an inactive JW. Does this mean that you just no longer attend meetings, etc? How do you feel about their doctrines? Are there any that 'just don't sit right' with you?? I hope I'm not being too nosey, I just need someone to talk to. My family thinks that I've already been brainwashed and I still talk to them, just not about these things.

Thanks a million!!

sadie

"Every exit is an entry somewhere."

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Welcome the the board Sadie. It is nice to have you here. I hope you enjoy it...:)

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Thanks Wonderwoman!!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Sadie,

I have two daughters 18 and 20 and they were 3 and 5 when I stopped going. Best thing i could have done for them was escaping the mindcontrol culture of being a Jehovahs Witness. If you think you've seen heartache already you have a lot more to come. Being a JW means your children mustn't have contact with non witnesses including cousins and grandparents etc..

One sign of a dangerous cult is that you aren't free to come and go as you please. Try attending another church and see how long you last. They'll cut you off from anyone outside the organization and even your own true self. The best thing you could do with this male dominated control freak outfit masquerading as 'the one and only path to salvation' is run while you can.

all the best, unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit