District Convention Audio?

by Hikaru 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If it is wrong:

What about the people you shun, the children who (like me) miss out on their education and die resisting transfusions?

How many children get their asses spanked in Kngdom Hall toilets for not sitting still and listening to a message that is based on the lie you just found?

Are you going to inform these people that you have found out about this lie before you try and convert them by giving them these talks?

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

...I don't want to get into personal talk. But I'll say I have a reason to believe Jehovah is drawing my friends, an event that just happened now actually. But as I don't really know you people, I'd rather keep that to myself. The talks will help greatly, can you provide the rest? Or do I have to go elsewhere.....or do without? Your points are valid, and some not so valid. However, I didn't come here on intentions to start a debate or flame war and my mind is kind of made up on giving them to them already.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm thinking that they are going to listen to the tapes just to please you. Doesn't mean that they will convert.

Josie

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    my mind is kind of made up on giving them to them already.

Are you going to inform these people that you have found out about this lie?

You have given me the impression that you won't.

My conscience won't allow me to assist you in deceiving them.

Sorry I can't help.

Cheers

Chris

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

... [insert string of cuss words here] .....Gr, and if I agree to tell them?! Please?! I'm kind of desperate, I know nowhere else to go for the audio. For once google has failed at being the god of the internet.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You must realize that folks here have a conscience about promoting a lie.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

See my Biography by clicking on my user name.

My daughter refuses to provide me with current, public edition, Watchtower publications that she travels the world to place in the hands of people that she has never met, but wants to save. Is my daughter wrong to refuse me an Awake!?

I have not had a single family member attempt to tell me where you and Wiki (and every other non-JW source) have made a mistake with 587/6 BC.

How does that make you feel?

I hope you don't think too badly of me. I am just tying to protect your friends.....as you are.

Cheers

Chris

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

... [insert string of cuss words here]

Maybe you should work on saving yourself first?

nj

• Fadeout
    Fadeout
    ...God forgive me for saying this. But if it's wrong and it doesn't come, then okay. But isn't it better to be safe then sorry? To belive incase it DOES come?

Pascal's Wager. How horrible.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hikaru, my dear,

Please understand this.

According to the Watchtower, you must be a practicing, preaching, Jehovah's Witness, in good standing, in order to be saved.

This includes believing all of the teachings, including the teaching that Jerusalem fell in 607 BC.

Wiki is not wrong with the king list or the date for the fall of Jerusalem. You can even get the information neccessary to make a king list yourself to check Wiki's accuracy from their own Watchtower CD, which is available at the magazine counter or on bittorrent if you are DF, DA or persona non grata for other reasons.

Therefore, in order to meet Watchtower criteria to be 'saved', you must believe a lie, preach a lie and never question that lie.

If you become a baptised Jehovah's Witness and then it is found out that you do not believe this lie, you will be disfellowshipped and all of your Witness 'friends' will shun you, including close members of your own family. Leaving a high control religion of any kind can be a very costly exercise.

The primary doctrine of the religion is that the Governing Body is God's sole channel of communication on earth today. How can that possibly be true when they have such an easily disproven doctrine?

If it is acceptable for their religious doctrines to contain errors, then why is acceptable for the Watchtower to slag off other religions for claimed errors? Hypocrites are not way up there on God's list of people he is going to save. Do you really want to sign you friends up to an hypocritical religious order that demands to control their thoughts and actions?

This is real life you are dealing with here, not some online computer game. People get hurt. That is why there are so many of us on this forum.

You really need to do some serious research about this religion before you start feeding people their prophetic doomsday doctrines. They have a 130 year history of 100% prophetic failure. You should be using the following scripture to encourage your friends to run away.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

If you really want to save your friends, save them from false prophets and cults in general.

Show your friends this thread, then ask them if they want to hear these talks?

I recommend these videos for you and for your friends before you listen to the audio.

How to start your own cult

The Wave

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit