BASHING the families of disfellowshiped ones

by Pistoff 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

NO copy of the letter, sorry; I really plan on taping every talk from now on, somehow.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I really wonder if it is as simple as that they are just irritated that the rank and file are ignoring them about this.

What is BRAZEN is that the WT is willing to step into and dictate the dynamics of family relationships; they RUIN families and set one against another over something like one's status, not necessarily behavior.

I agree about the baptism of minors; I was always opposed to it as a parent, but what happens is that early teens are cooked in a culture that tells them they MUST be baptised to "please Jehovah". Parents may try to avoid it but they have a hard time fighting the ingrained idea in their children.

Baptism is a social contract, nothing more, among witnesses. One can be dedicated, and after all, is that not what matters? But the view of the WT is that it is an "outward sign", really just another word for caring too much what other people think, wanting to ensure the status of a person; are you with us or not?

That "outward sign" of baptism is more serious a contract than marriage! It is unbreakable, and cannot be anulled for any reason, by the WT's reasoning.

• Sweet Honey
    Sweet Honey

I think it is so funny how man can judge you when Jesus never judged any one he sat and ate with sinners as they say if there is a judgement day i wish i could be there to see all the GB get back what they deserve.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Makes me want to make a list of all the DF'd people I know and invite them over for a big party. Hey, I'd be like Christ then, he ate with the tax collectors, which is how you're supposed to treat those who want to leave.

You know those old bastards that make these horrible, ridiculous, hurtful and UNSCRIPTURAL policies are so twisted, if they ate a bucket of nails they'd shit corkscrews.

Encouraging people to reject their own children should be against the law. If a law like that was scripted, I'd go vote for it in a heartbeat.

Boyzone, I had people I really TALKED TO share their faith with me when I was a Witness and it often shamed me. Particularly when I'd been sititing all day in a car with a bunch of bored, backbiting and bitchy JW women who would rather discuss hair, makeup, fashion, diets and sexual shenanigans with their husbands than anything spiritual. None of that is wrong, but I don't EVER remember discussing anything spiritual in a car group of JW women.

I think Field Slavery was so boring for them, they'd just found it was a good time to shoot the breeze and be themselves for a few hours. Weird to watch everyone go into "proper Witness mode" when it was time to go to the doors. Robo Witnesses, ACTIVATE!

I remember one time a young newly married sister (about a month after the wedding) was squirming around in her seat, and finally someone commented on it. She shyly confessed that she was "sore" because her nice mature elder husband she had waited chastely for had jumped her 4 times in one night and she hadn't enjoyed it one bit.

Yeah, that's the kind of men the WTS is making elders, a bunch of frustrated repressed weirdos who finally get to nail a real live woman and go nuts on it, practically raping them.

Now I'm pissed off all over again...well, better than being anxious, I guess. *G*

• boyzone
    boyzone

Pistoff

Was your wife at the DC or a special assembly weekend?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Just curious if you could provide the info as to which part on the program it was that these things were mentioned. Would be a great heads up for those on this board to possibly make a note to record that part (if they are going).

Thx

• Nowman
    Nowman

Pistoff-

I left the org 16 years ago when I was 18. I sure wish I had you guys as my JW parents, the fact that you continued to support your children is absolutely wonderful. I appreciate this because I have not seen my dad the elder since 1992 (16 years ago). My mom and I have reunited only because she is no longer a JW either and they are divorced. But, my parents practically disowned me when I left the org.

Your kids have grown up fine, maybe they did eventually because of the love and support you showed them no matter what.

Nikki

• undercover
    undercover

Yet, this same bunch of hypocritical bastards prints in the Awake! magazine that "no one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable..." and that studying the Bible (read "studying WT publications) does not lead to family breakups...

• boyzone
    boyzone

Its kinda important to me that I know which meeting this talk was given. I'm pretty sure that if my dad hears something this strongly worded, then it'll be the death knell for our relationship and I'll be out of their lives. Can anyone please say if this was given at the DC or a special assembly weekend?

If I know which one, I might be able to create a diversion.

Thanks BZ

• ziddina
    ziddina

Boyzone, great experience! That person's kindness really helped you! I'm happy to learn that I'm not such an 'odd-ball', that others, too, picked up on information from those 'worldly' people we were supposed to convert, that helped us to leave instead.

Undercover, I was thinking that exact same thing. In fact, if I were in Boyzone's shoes, I'd get my hands on that July 2009 Awake as soon as possible - and I am more than a little worried that the WTBTS might sense the unsettling, potentially faith-destroying [to some people, not a mass walk-out, alas!] hypocrisy so blatantly stated in the article and change it's wording before it's issued... But if I were BoyZone, I'd get that Awake and use it, use it, use it!!!

The SECOND 'Daddy' or 'Mumsy' said ANYTHING about following this 'new light', I'd use that Awake. And keep repeating it or mailing it to them over and over again. It's DIRECTLY FROM THE MOUTH OF THE WTBTS, right? So it CAN'T BE APOSTATE!!??!!!!

Wishing you the best results, BoyZone, and all others out there who are dreading this crackdown on loving family relations...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit