Can demons repent?

by heyfea 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Thanks Cabasilas for the link - interesting read.

Atlantis, thank you for your information too.

Witchettygrub

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    read BTS's thomistic quotes on p. 1 but I didn't find any mention of perfection, rather the superiority of angels over humans which is a different matter.

Your nuanced mind caught the semantic difference mine did not. I bow before your superior intellect. ;-)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Angels-1934-p.43

"What Jehovah has in store for these "sons of God" who became disobedient, the Scriptures do not reveal, but if at Armageddon any of them do take a positive and unequivocal stand on the side of Jehovah and gladly leave it to Jehovah where to place them, they may be recovered and return to some place in his organization." Well, there's your governing body!

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

I thought about these things a lot.

One of the things I never understout as a young kid was this:

If a person commits a sin in gods eyes, that does not necessary mean that he is gonna be a bad person for the rest of hid live and start to terrorise his environment. Why does the WTS says that al demons are dangerous and do evil things?

The other question I had was if god was almighty than he would of known that Adam and Eve and....Satan... and demons....would sin before he even created anything.

My father who was an elder back then could never give me a good answer...

My dad would say something like Because it's was necessary for god to show us and the angels, we can only have a good live if we live it like god wants

And than I would ask him( I was a smart kid):

And why can we not blame god for being unperfect then......because if it's was necesary for god to show to us and the angels that we can only have a good live if we live it like god wants he could of made two "loyal"humans and have them some kids and maybe a few generations later have some unfaithful humans to show us.....we need god. In that way we would not be unperfect and get sick and die.....

Still don't have the answer....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit