A poem in memory of my mom.

by SEAKEN2001 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Welcome Mrs. Rocky. I don't know how I missed your posts!! Glad you joined us here. How is Rocky?

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Mrs Rocky
    Mrs Rocky

Hi Mulan - as you can see I'm a newbie. So it would be fairly easy to miss me. The Rockster if great - he was over your way a couple of weekends ago visiting...hope he didn't create too much ruckuss (spelling?). So glad Sean posted the Eulogy and the poem. I wanted to share it with my sis if she'll every let down her guard. You know she was really mad at me after the memorial service. Guess I was supposed to follow her out. Oh well. Hope you and yours are well - you too Sean! By the way, we're still trying to keep under the WT radar, easy over here locally, but with family in your neighborhood, a little more difficult. Need these posts to shore me up! Thanks all - Mrs. R

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mrs. Rocky, Did you see the web page I made for Sharon? It is a work in progress.
    . http://home.earthlink.net/~herblst/sharon.htm

As to your sister, she is to be pitied. A friend of Sharon's and mine, who was at her memorial, asked me for their email address. He really wanted to write to them and tell them how they made a spectacle of themselves by stomping out like that, and how was that a Christian thing to do? This is a man who has never been a JW. I wish I could have given it to him.

Tell Rock that he may be forgiven. My husband was majorly irritated, and bored, but no biggie now. He said it is such a minor point, that was discussed, that it isn't worth getting upset over.

Glad you are here.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Mrs Rocky
    Mrs Rocky

Thanks for sharing the link to the tribute. It's beautiful, as Sharon was. So glad I was able to reconnect with her (and her family) before she this earthly presence.

Mulan - if you want our e-address, you can get it from Venice. I'll give her a heads up that we need to be in touch.

Mrs R

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can do that, Mrs. R, but my email address is right here on this post. Click on the little envelope, above my photo. It's the real email. Send me a line or two.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hi Sean,

I didn't realize before that you were related to Sharon or Mulan. I think very highly of your mother, though I never knew her, because of what I have learned about her from Mulan. She was a very special woman, and your poem is such a wonderful tribute. Thank you so much for sharing it here. It made me cry.

(((((Mulan)))))) I just want to remind you that I'm always here for you, if you need to talk about anything, my friend.

Sharon was very lucky to know such love in her lifetime as you have for her, Sean. It's a tribute to the wonderful job she did as a mother, and how much she loved you.

I wish I was saying this better. your poem left me at a loss for words.

*HUG*
    essie

p.s. Mulan, may I link your tribute to Sharon's page to my website?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Essie, you sure can. I would consider it an honor.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Hi lady Rock. I'm flying blind here but I think I put the pieces together. If I'm correct about you and the Rockster, I had the pleasure of your sister's presence at my wedding. We once were great friends and I miss that.

I suppose I have been trying to stay under the J-dub radar as well but I am getting tired. I have no friends and it wears on me. I prefer socializing and hanging with other people. But my stand on this religious thing has cut me off from everyone I used to asociate with. So, something is going to have to give. I won't be able to hide my activities in this small community here. I guess I'll get the axe when it becomes generally known that I am not mearly "inactive" but an active "apostate".

My love to you and your husband,
    Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit