FCCC/League on Nations/UN/Watchtower/Rare Article

by hawkaw 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Osarsif
    Osarsif

hawkaw,

> Are you interested in posting them on your site with the actual
    > photcopies in a PDF file and the essay in a word file?

Yes, I'm interested, please email them to me.

Instead of PDF, I think I can transform them to jpg, and instead of word file, we can transform it to html (I think it won't be a problem).

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

bttt

For those who may be interested or those who get a knock on the door.

hawk

• sf
    sf

Thank you hawkaw for setting my mind at ease, just a bit. I must confess, I was baffled a bit by your intense involvement and wasn't quite sure why you are fighting so hard. Again, it is appreciated sir.

sKally, shaking hawkaw's hand firmly

wcrestnpeace

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Brilliant Hawkaw!

I had often wondered about the validity of that quote, but never been able to find anything on it.

Lets just say that I am not surprised.

The Churches stance on political matters has long been misunderstood by the brothers in general, and totally misrepresented by the society.

A book which I have found very enlightening is called "Issues faced by Christians Today" by John Stott. I have the 1981 edition but I think it was updated in the late '90s.

The insight that is given into the Church psyche on political, social and enviromental issues puts WT thinking to shame. A Christian has a responsibility, no an OBLIGATION, to be concerned and an influence on the world.

Opting out and waiting for the "New System" is not an option.

• chasson
    chasson

Hi Hawkaw,

After the holidays, i will have a little time to spend on the blood brochure, i will try to translate in french what Orsarsif will add on his website...

Bye

Charles

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Pubsinger,

I had often wondered about the validity of that quote, but never been able to find anything on it.
    You and few others too!!! Barb Anderson put me onto this and I began to conduct some research on this.

I know why you couldn't find anything on it. This paper is very rare. I found one place in England and another place around Chicago that have it on microfilm but the cost was way way way too much. You know, there is not a single copy of it in Canada.

Then I found the source that I disclosed up the board in Penn. USA. Cool eh!!!. After a number of phone calls and attempts to locate the right person, the Jan. 1919 article and the 1918 YearBook (which is just as important) were found by the Historical Society. You can actually go to their building and see the real deal for yourself if you ever get the urge. A photcopy is good enough for me though.

I urge you to copy all of the papers that I have provided you and save them to your harddrive for future reference.

If you have any more comments about the article, please feel free to add your comments.

hawk
    ----------------------------------------------

Charles,

Enjoy and thanks for doing the translation.

Have a good holiday season.

hawk

• sf
    sf

I was reading the "refuting the truth" thread and thought I'd bring this back up for FIP {for informational purposes}. EDITED to add this thread as well. The very first page is very informative on the LofN: Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum - Topic: UNITED NATIONS , NGO's ...

Yes, the League of Nations, along with its successor, the United Nations, truly became an idol, a “disgusting thing” in the ... sKally. IP: JvujYqnjO6c/sFiF ...
    www.jehovahs-witness.com/1/10732/1.ashx - 69k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.jehovahs-witness.com ]

sKally

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit