I am looking for doctrines and teachings that cannot be probed by a Jehovah Witness using the bible alone.

by MadGiant 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I am looking for doctrines and teachings that cannot be probed by a Jehovah Witness using the bible alone.

Tace care,

Ismael

• dinah
    dinah

That would be any of them.

They take scriptures out of context and twist them to fit their needs.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Whenever a Jehovah's Witness says, "It only makes sense" or "Wouldn't you agree" in an argument, you can be sure it is not backed by scripture. A classic example is the lengthy instructions on proper attire. If a person is well-groomed, dressy and respectful, does it really matter that she is in jeans?

Does the bible address "slogan clothing", nylons, or ties?

• sir82
    sir82

Blood fractions

Entire disfellowshipping procedure (committee of 3 elders, appeals, restrictions, public / private reproof)

Birthdays

Prohibition on smoking

Prohibition on oral sex, masturbation

No scriptural link "proving" that the faithful & discreet slave of Matthew 24 is the same group as the 144,000 of Revelation 14.

I could go on, but as Dinah wrote, you could pretty much pick anything.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks dinah, you are right.

Just a wild thought…..

Take care,

Ismael

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

How about Jesus appointed the "anointed remnant" as his true church in 1919

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks everybody.

Take care,

Ismael

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I like that one TotH.

I will star with that one.

Take care,

Ismael

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

At first glance, you can "prove" almost anything "with the Bible only" if that allows for jumping from one text to another and ignoring the contexts.

Now if you look closer, you will notice that there is always a lot of talk before and between Bible quotations: "natural" questions, "reasonable" assumptions, "logical" inferences and deductions, "illustrating" comparisons, etc., reframing the "scriptural bits" into a consistent yet unscriptural system and story.

De-contextualisation and re-contextualisation.

A very simple question (which applies to any dotrinal synthesis, not just JW's) is: "Why is this explanation (no matter how "reasonable" it sounds and how many Bible verses it fits in) not plainly laid out anywhere in the Bible?"

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Actually you take a subject and turn it exactly the opposite. I'll give you a few examples to see what I mean:

1. JW's believe there is no soul. So we have soul

2.JW's say there is no Trinirty: God is Triunion

3.JW's say that when you die you vanished: There is life after death

4.JW's say that the Early Chuch lasted for 150 years only: Apostolic Church never ceased to exist

5. JW's say that Adam and Eve will not resurrect: They will

6.JW's believe that Soddom and Gommorah will not ressurected: I cannot answer since they haven't make up their minds if the will....

Justhuman14 formely known justhuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit