Restoring the "life pattern", where is THAT in the Bible?

by VM44 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Blows that whole "former things not brought to mind" thing away.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This is one of the concepts that even as a child I could see the stupidity of.

If we don't have a soul then a resurrected person is just a clone of someone who lived before, not the actual person.

The actual person would still be long gone while this charade is walking over their grave.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is repeated the quote from the 1958 Watchtower article that Narkissos found:

What is this life pattern God retains in his memory? It is the life-long record of the creature, a record made by the thoughts he thought, the experiences he had, the knowledge he stored up. So the life pattern results from one’s memories and mental abilities. The life pattern includes all intellectual growth and characteristics that make up one’s personality. This is what God faithfully reconstitutes in the resurrection.

Doesn't the writer of this article know that what he is describing is a "re-creation" rather than a "resurrection"?

This doesn't seem to bother the JWs very much. They obviously consider ther re-created individual the same as the originals.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower "Resurrection" is EXACTLYthe same as what happened to Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie "The Sixth Day".

• Hadit
    Hadit

A human photocopy with the original destroyed. Nice! What a grand hope.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I am "resurrecting" this thread from the past to ask this question directed to The Watchtower writers.

In the Watchtower sense, that would be starting a new thread with the exact content copied over to it, rather than updating this existing thread. ;)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

leo I love you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit