My friend died. Now what?

by target 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• target
    target

My whole belief system has been shaken. I don't believe anything I learned while a Jw. But now a dear friend has passed away. He was not a JW. I never liked the idea that "when you are dead, you're dead" that the borg taught. I no longer believe the Bible is the word of God. So now I'm left hangin' wondering what has happened to my friend?
    Is he "just dead"?
    Is he in Heaven?
    Is he on the "other side"?
    I wasn't prepared for this. I wasn't expecting anyone I knew to die, except for my father-in-law, and I don't much care where he ends up.

When I started studying with the JWs over thirty years ago, it was because I wanted the answer to this very question. Now I see I never had the answer after all and I'm right back where I started.

Target

• sf
    sf

{{{{{{{Huggingtarget}}}}}}}

Sincerely, sKally

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((target))))))))
    my soncerest condolences,luv,T

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Sorry for your loss Target

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

target, i'm very very sorry for your loss!

(((((((((taget)))))))))

we all must find our own path and make peace with death in our own ways. sending much love to you

love
    harmony

• Mulan
    Mulan

My dear cousin died in September, and we were both lifelong JW's until about six years ago. I like to think of her in heaven, with our grandparents. I talk to her, and "keep her alive" that way. Maybe it's silly, but it works for me. I think she is "on the other side" as you suggested. What that is, I don't know, but maybe someday, we will understand. I just can't believe that death is the end of it all.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

My condolences on your loss. I know i told someone else this, so at the risk of being repetitive, I will say it again.

As I sat at my father's bedside immediately after he died, I had such a strong feeling that whatever it is that makes us who we are,the life force, a soul, a spirit, whatever you call it, it is eternal. This energy is too precious to end. Maybe heaven, maybe re- incarnation, maybe sunshine. But it is there somewhere. Believe whatever gives you comfort. Because no matter where the dead go, we here on earth miss them.

Take care and have lots of hugs.

• Kristen
    Kristen

Target,
    My sympathies on your loss.

Kristen

True strength is delicate

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

If I may shed a bit of light? As this is my first post, it is fitting that I comfort someone with what I do TRUST in. You say you dont believe that the bible is the word of God. *sighs* Your "loss" I too have felt, far to many times. At 51 and having led an "interesting" life, I have seen enough death. Yet we shall ALL see much more death before these End Times are over.

Look around you, see these marvels of high tech? Are they anything like what the Angels have to help us? Is it so far fetched or difficult to understand today that your friends DNA and entire memory is securly backed up? That your friend may well be brought back to life? BECAUSE of these modern technologies I TRUST even more in what the bible says! Re-read it with an idea of what we know today of our universe and physics!. As are my friends, yours is only asleep with out dreams, and dosnt have to worry about making the rent.

The feelings of missing a close friend is devastating with out KNOWING and TRUSTING in our Creator; and it helps to know ALL the story of our destiny to really understand why I TRUST the way I do.

I am at peace with death, but I will miss the ones I have let go to that sleep. Only I TRUST also that that sleep is going to be a short experiance. It will be enjoyable to welcome friends back to life and help them adjust to a VERY DIFFERENT WORLD. Under authority of the Kingdom as a government. (not the borg)*S* and a manly hug to yah Target

MT. 17:11

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((( target )))))))))))
    There is hardly anyone alive on earth who hasn't lost someone in death, it is truly mankind's 'enemy'.

We do have to find our own way, as the others have said. I am still lloking for mine; I hope you find yours soon.

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit