What should I say next?

by asilentone 19 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I was wondering what to say to the elder after I complained about a brother that did me very wrongly and he said do not worry about him, he told me only to focus on my spiritual health. What should I have said back to him?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Brother, I feel that you're not being very sypmathetic to me. Do you realize how depressed this situation has made me? I feel like you're placing a heavy burden upon me."

That should shut him up.

• rebel8
    rebel8

"I'm stumbled."

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

You should have told him to read his bible and put it into practice!

Matthew 18:15-17 (New International Version)

A Brother Who Sins Against You
    15 "If your brother sins against you, [ a ] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16 But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' [ b ] 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
    Leviticus 19:17 (New International Version)

17 " 'Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt.

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. [a] "

James 1:22 (New International Version)

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

All the best,

Stephen

• asilentone
    asilentone

any more suggestions? Thanks!

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

"Brother, would YOU please focus on my spiritual health and help me actually deal with this."

• asilentone
    asilentone

lurker, I like your suggestion.

• oompa
    oompa

i would just egg his car during the meeting........oompa

• asilentone
    asilentone

Oompa, would you be willing to do this for me?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Oompa, I am only just kidding, I do not encourage that kind of activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit