Do you still buy album CDs anymore?

by Leolaia 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• four candles
    four candles

Thats true dagney,I've been buying albums since I was 13,I'll never stop. However I am slowly building them back up again after all the dabasing music talks etc and my mother went through my collection. Even Black sabbath went,but got most of them back now!!!

• musky
    musky

"after all the dabasing music talks"

I lost "The Wall" by Pink Floyd that way. I think I did got rid of it myself after hearing the talks. I wanted to be the best JW I could.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

been a while since I bought a CD. everything is downloaded now

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I didn't know you get different kinds of MP3's I was going to start experimenting with downloads but now I daren't in case I get the wrong thing!

I'd best stick with ripping my cd's for now (and i only just started doing that LOL!)

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I buy CDs!

I only ever download if I just want a specific track by someone I don't really like.

I recently bought an EP by Joshua Radin which was only available exclusively from iTunes.
    I love the music I bought but it was a terrible experience - "buying data" nothing to show or hold . . .
    I burned into on to a "Tesco CDR" and it feels tacky!

Yes i use an iPod and my phone for listening on the move which is great - but give me the "Real Thing" any day.

What exactly are you gonna have to show for your money and as the "soundtrack of your life" if you buy data LOL

• four candles
    four candles

Exactly,pubsinger,My albums have pride of place in my music room. There's no decent artwork on a download,mybe sometimes a tiny jpeg that you can hardly see. My albums will be left to my son when I shuffle,and as he likes a lot of the stuff I do I know he will keep them.

Got a Deep purple 'Machine Head' album coming today off e bay,my copy is really beyond repair now. I can gaze upon the cover,study the pictures inside,read the lyric sheet,see the band,can't do that with a download.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit