Today I went to the Doctor with Barbie Doll.

by PEC 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If I take the time to throw away a WT I see, will I then throw away a booklet on Mormonism or Scientology when I see them?

Sorry, I just cannot take your middle of the road approach, even if I agree with it.
    I would throw them all out. I am doing the potential readers a favor.

Also, each person has their own windmills to tackle. I am not against fighting for a cause even if I don't get involved.
    There's nothing wrong with an ex-JW throwing away WT and Awake, while not bothering with other religious materials, same as doing a walk-athon for fighting breast cancer, but not walking one for birth defects- you do what good you can or want to do. Others will do other things.

If you cannot throw it out: An alternative is to write a website on the cover. "See jwfacts.com to get a balanced view"

• undercover
    undercover
    I would throw them all out. I am doing the potential readers a favor.

So, where do you stop? If you see a copy of the Koran laying there and you're a Christian, you gonna throw that out? If you're Muslim, you gonna throw out the Bible?

I agree, JWs, Mormons, Scientologists are cults. Potentially dangerous ones. But personally I think all religions are cultic. If I see a Catholic phamplet, using your logic, I'd have to throw it out as well. In fact, I'd have to throw out all religious publications.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

UC, I said I agreed with you, but would do what I decided anyway.
    I would love to throw out the Koran and the Bible, but a line does have to be drawn somewhere.
    I would love to throw out "The Plain Truth" and anything religious, but I don't have the right.
    I understand the "where do you stop?" principle. Some religious people would throw out brochures
    about innoculation. Deep down, you are correct.

Even though I may not have the right, I know it's right so I would throw out the WT, Awake, brochures and flyers and mags that are clearly from cults. It's my windmill, let the others see me as crazy.

• undercover
    undercover

Okay there, Don Quixote...

I see why people feel the need to do it, it's just not for me. If ya'll wanna do it, it's fine with me, but I'll just keep reading Golf Digest while ya'll are scurrying around gathering up all the cult books...

• defective light
    defective light

It really irks me to see WT's and Awake mags in public places.....It seems the most popular places for this trash is in Doctors offices

and Laundermats, I feel it is my duty to re-cycle this trash and put it back into the earth ! after all, we must do our part to keep our

world green !

• snowbird
    snowbird
    ... aren't worth my time or effort ...

This is my objection.

Everyone is worth someone's time and effort.

Sylvia

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I keep labels in my purse that say "example of cult propaganda" and slap one on the covers of mags I find at public places.

I also use labels that say " WARNING, the watchtower society silences victims of child abuse, read at your own risk"

I also have printed out wanted posters for Fred Mclean, a JW who is one of the US marshalls 15 most wanted fugitives. He is a serial child molester that the societry freely allowed to move from congo to congo molesting dozens of children. I like to slip one of those posters inside the mags too.

Just little things that make me feel good inside.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Excellent Sphere.

I like the sticker idea the best. If you throw them out - no one is exposed at all. With the sticker [and maybe a ref to SL for good measure?], the mag might actually help someone to avoid the publisher's little cult.

Jeff

• Colton
    Colton

Don't throw those away! They make good puppy pee-training mats.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Now let me tell you all
    The ONLy thing that is any GOOD I do
    is collect Watchtowers & Awakes.
    I think that is my mission on earth...
    Want badly to "kick the bucket"
    But I think when I said"here I am send me send me"
    as Jehovahs Witness .
    God said to St Paul... "Use that one to tidy up,
    when the naughty kids litter with those magazines .
    She will live to old age,as Frank dont want her up here"
    So here I am !!!! At the LORDS service
    Picking up the mags, for some to use in the out house, birds cage,
    So DONT deter me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit