Did you know JW's who worked in SALES?

by BonaFide 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

The brothers and sisters that I knew that worked in sales DID GREAT in the congregation. Their presentations, their talks, their knowledge of all the publications, they were really on top of things. Those that worked in other fields sometimes really struggled at placing literature and in getting studies.

One brother in my hall used to have special sessions with those that wanted to improve their presentation. He used a whiteboard and drew a triangle, demonstrating the Amway sales method. He claimed it worked for the WT and AW magazine as well. He was right.

So, what about your Hall? Did the Salesman brothers and sisters do better than others?

BF

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I was one of them...I've been in sales for over 20 years.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes. The best COs are salesmen too.

• Colton
    Colton

Yup, that's how I learned to NEVER TO BUSINESS WITH A JW BROTHER! You aren't supposed to sue them.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Quirky1, so I would imagine you had no problem placing literature and getting studies?

BF

• still_in74
    still_in74

i used to be in sales. It was almost an imediate slide into virtual inactivity as soon as I began. Sales consumed my every thought and i felt like I was selling watchtowers.

that was many years ago. Funny how i was right! (about "selling" WT's")

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Placing literature, no problem. Studies, never wanted one so I didn't pursue this strongly.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Have you ever met a true salesman who was not a great liar?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Never have to lie. You just have to know and believe in your product.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You just have to know and believe in your product.

Yes, I agree. If you believe in your product, lying is not necessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit