rumor out that governing body is going to adjust the loveing disfellowshiping arangment df yes shunning no.

by poopie 38 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I wonder what would happen to the amount of discussion on web sites like this one, if they were to implement some new light policy welcoming some back? I have seen a few long time members here quit posting and go back with the existing dub policies.
  • GodZoo
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I agree that the only way this will happen is if the governments threaten to remove tax free status on organizations that enforce 'hate crimes' or 'hate policies'.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    A District Overseer once said that the GB has come up with that, "Family Business", terminology on their own, and this wasn't a scriptural thought whatsover. It was meant to make it softer on those who had Fam Mem's that were DF'd. But time after time it feels that they are trying to withdraw it. Whenever a reference is made about it. It is treated as if it is used as an excuse. They don't even explain how to use it. They have written more about how it isn't to be applied. Maybe, this would be new light in the future. A new assembly part. "Behold, The true meaning of Family Business"
  • wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    I remember back 25 years ago when they officially dropped shunning of "unapproved associates". Those unbaptized persons who would have been disfellowshipped if they were baptized and they were shunned before and now no longer were officially shunned. People who were not spoken to for years were suddenly love-bombed. I heard the change was due to a lawsuit and I guess that is how many rules get changed. They protect their ASSets. They will never drop disfellowshipping but how it is implemented might change. And they can always shift the burden to the publishers to "do what they want" even if it isn't what they say (like voting).
  • DJS
    DJS

Few if any religions are as hated by ex-members as the Borg. Few, if any, X-tian religions are based on control of the sheeple as the Borg. DFing is the primary means of control. Do the math. I'm with Hoser and EyeUsetoBeaDub - unless governments threaten actions against such behaviors the Dark Lords will never change DFing. They might reduce the numbers of new DF cases (adopting a 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer' strategy) but do any of us really think they will break down the walls that separate US from our families and friends still trapped inside the cult?

I have stated before that I believe the ex-JW activists would be more effective if they developed a political action committee or established a lobbying organization in major world capitols to try to get legislation passed to curb or end DFing based on it being a hate crime that destroys families, thereby causing real problems for governments. It would likely only take one major W country to ban religions from DFing to make the Dark Lords change the policy.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Seems like last summer the main talks at the conventions were bursting with emphasis on shunning, if I remember right?

Marina

• DJS
    DJS

If the Dark Lords are smart they are working on a contingency plan to address governmental actions against DFing policies. Which means they aren't. If they were I could write the damned article for them:

"Divine Mercy Points the Way Back for Erring Ones, Part Deux"

They could spin it based on Leviticus 25, calling it a Jubilee, wherein slaves and prisoners would be freed, debts would be forgiven and the mercies of God would be particularly manifest. " . . ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family. . . "

• Gayle
    Gayle
    Fortunately too, for the Internet. Any "inquiring" minds, not JWs, could go online and see through several ex-JW sites this big issue of "disfellowshipping" and understand how horrible this is to families. This is a big interest stopper to any possibly thinking about studying with JWs. Thus, less adult baptisms!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit