Does Roman Catholicism Teach The "Truth"?

by minimus 180 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Or dont kiss the Popes hand,
    Or dont bow down to the statues,
    or cover over trannsgressions( by letting molesters pass the emblems
    I could go on and on..

But if folks like to do that.
    they are free to do so.
    or pray to Mary!!!She may be
    able to put a good word in for you.
    She told the folks to do WHATEVER HE said>JESUS

• minimus
    minimus

I pray to Mary, the poster Mary.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I pray for her !!!!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robdar, I know who doesn't have the truth.

Really? Well then, you must have special powers. Oh, and great way to avoid the question, btw.

Really, Min, all you know is who doesn't have your truth.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I really don't understand all the rancor here. If you don't believe in it, then don't go. I'm sure the pope, bishops, priests and nuns won't spend too much time crying in their beer over it.

Personally, if I choose to go to a church - any church - it's up to me, and if I choose to stay away that's my own business also. I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

Why do some feel the need to criticize the beliefs of others? Why do some feel the need to defend their beliefs? Is it insecurity?

Really, who gives a shit whether others agree or not?

W

• Amazing
    Amazing
    Unless of course you choose to have a legal abortion, or marry your same sex partner.

Abortion is murder ... the doctors urged my mom to abort me to save her life ... she refused to murder her unborn child ... me ... and we both lived.

Marriage is a religious term. Gays can use the 'civil union' process and gain all the same rights.

If a person wants to be a Catholic, then murder and homosexuality cannot be practiced ... if you want to murder your unborn, and marry your same sex partner, then do not seek to be Catholic. It's as simple as that ... it is all free will.

• beksbks
    beksbks

No, it's not about free will. Because you and yours believe the above, you take it upon yourselves to change laws and influence the state according to YOUR beliefs. You would take away my free will.

• minimus
    minimus

But Catholics do murder and are gay. They're generally not excommunicated.

• minimus
    minimus

Robdar, you don't need special powers to know if something isn't true.

I don't claim to know who has the truth. But I know who doesn't. (said for emphasis).

• beksbks
    beksbks

A 14th century religious term that can also be used to mean combine or close union? As in "a marriage of flavors"?

mar·riage
    Pronunciation:
    \ ' mer-ij, ' ma-rij\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
    Date:
    14th century
    1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b : the mutual relation of married persons :wedlock c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage 2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected ; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities 3 : an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry — J. T. Shawcross>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit