Does Roman Catholicism Teach The "Truth"?

by minimus 180 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robdar, you don't need special powers to know if something isn't true.

I don't claim to know who has the truth. But I know who doesn't. (said for emphasis).

Don't try to butter me up with all that sugar, Mr.

Sorry, but if you do not know who has the truth, you cannot know who doesn't have the truth.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    But Catholics do murder and are gay. They're generally not excommunicated.

Couldn't that be said about members of every religion? Why single out only Catholics?

W

• Robdar
    Robdar

Why single out only Catholics?

Why, indeed. Some of the best and sweetest people I know are Catholics.

• beksbks
    beksbks

FF, I believe he was merely responding to Amazings comment, not singling out Catholics.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    FF, I believe he was merely responding to Amazings comment, not singling out Catholics.

Hell, this entire thread is all about singling out the Catholics. It's in the title. What about Lutherans, Baptists, Sikhs, or others? I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall a similar thread some time back, so I'm wondering why Catholics occupy such a special place in his heart as opposed to other religions.

W

• minimus
    minimus

Let's not confuse disliking the people. I'm talking about the religion. I think the Lutherans, Baptists, Sikhs don't teach the Truth either.

"sorry but if you do not know who has the truth, you cannot know who doesn't have the truth".

Says who? You, sugar?

• Robdar
    Robdar

"sorry but if you do not know who has the truth, you cannot know who doesn't have the truth".

Says who? You, sugar?

Why Baby, how can you know that which you do not know? If you do not know what is true, how can you know what is false? Same coin different sides.

Answer the question: How do you know what the truth isn't without knowing what the truth is? Aw, that's right you cant answer the question.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if you still think the the JW's have the truth and you just don't want to say it for fear you may get back some of the public ridicule you are dishing out.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Hell, this entire thread is all about singling out the Catholics. It's in the title. What about Lutherans, Baptists, Sikhs, or others?

Aaahh I see. Well I am all for a thread singling out the Baptists now.

• minimus
    minimus

Robdar, you obviously don't read what I say about JWs. They don't have the truth either. Oh, but I can't say that because I don't know who has "The Truth".

I know when something is wrong or untrue. I don't need to know what absolute truth and right is in order to make my first statement.

I could look at a forgery and say it isn't true, real. I don't have to be an art expert to make that truthful statement,

• StAnn
    StAnn

One thing we can all agree upon here~we don't believe the WTS has the truth. We will each find it in our own way, in our own time, in my opinion.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit