IF THIS IS TRUE IT IS MASSIVE!!!!!!!!

by Hobo Ken 44 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is not just unlikely to happen, it certainly will not happen. A bogus story to say the least. Not to say that some stupid rumour like this actually gets told, but that it actually has fact behind it is without question not a reality.

• jws
    jws

@jws

Is Harry Potter real?

No.

Is the wts God's channel on earth?

No.

Don't know why that's directed at me. I'd answer no to both questions too. And the JK Rowling comparison is a good one.

Like the Harry Potter stories, if you take JK Rowling out of the picture yet continue to publish new Harry Potter books, somebody's going to have to take up her role. I saw some fan literature on the net a few years back (looking for a pre-release of a Harry Potter book for my wife). It's a mess. Some of it doesn't follow the official story line as presented in later books. There's little or no continuity between authors either.

I'm not saying the source of the JW doctrine is God or anything supernatural. It's just the Governing Body - a bunch of men. But men that invent the doctrine and try to keep the continuity in check. You let them die off, somebody or some group has to take over. Otherwise you have one writer saying birthdays and Christmas are OK now and another who decides everybody should partake at Memorials. And others who write the exact opposite.

Your point about lawyers taking over could be spot on. There have been a lot of moves that seem aimed at greater legal protection. Giving the lawyers greater say in doctrine would be another way to protect themselves.

• oompa
    oompa

jumped to the end.....prob been said already.....but heaven was opened up again just to keep the GB freshly stocked forever.......oompa

• Borgia
    Borgia

well........Three of them are in their 50's I believe.....so that will give some 30 - 40 years lee.........other than that.....being an elder of high repute does not insulate that perso from uttering total bullshit.

Cheers

Borgia

• DJK
    DJK

In the corporate world CEOs are not getting raises and bonuses. There may be layoffs or staff reductions thru attrition. If it is true, this might explain whats happening because the Watchtower is just a money making corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit