Did you loose your faith after leaving the false?

by wtfmidoing 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wtfmidoing
    wtfmidoing

As for me... You can't lose what you never had. I can't comprehend a reason for all the riddles that a person must go through, even fight over. No loving creator would confuse so many and make so many fear disappointment.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ripounsous, shxt is what carbon based units deal with every day.

And also what carbon based units excrete at the end of the day.

Shxt is also an arrangement of letters that lets someone like me use stronger than acceptable

language and not be censored or banned for not following posting rules.

It's a somewhat ambiguous arrnagement of letters that leaves puritans scratching their

head while at the same time conveying a clear meaning to street people and those who deal with censors.

Gooogle the info I gave you.

I will translate for you here.

Jehovah is an astronaught from Planet Nibiru,

He was a demigod, nephilim in charge of the Jews.

He wasnt even the major astronaught God, that was Mardock and Baal.

Men very much like us came to earth from Nibiru 500,000 years ago to mine gold.

When they got tired of mining the gold, ie lazy didnt want to work, they genetically engineered

a neanderthal who was apelike and stronger than them with them and made us.

We were made to be their slaves and have been throughout human history.

Today we are called consumers.

The details of this story are found in the Summerian text which were written thousands of years

before the bible and from which the bible was plagurized taken from and edited,

watered down with the truth sanitized.

These text have been discovered and interpreted in the last 50 years.

It's like Daniel 12:3-4 says in the last days knowledge will be increased.

Well the knowledge is here, its not very pretty.

But it explains just about everything.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Before my wasted years with the WT , I had been reading my Bible searching for answers. Not the answeres the JW's taught, but how I might have help with the difficulties of life. I recognized a need for GOD 's help. As a JW all I got was more problems and they came from the Wt's twisted teachings or elders unscriptural advice .

I never lost my faith in GOD or the Bible, left the WT and for 11 years put off doing anything spiritual. I had so many things in my life to correct , mariage on the brink of divorce, kids lives needed to go forward, finances a mess, health problems, a never ending list of to dos. Always telling myself, next year, after school starts up etc. Last fall I found out a daughter had returned to a meeting thinking she could get some help with a few problems. So I determined to put a stop to it and went online , all I knew about was the Silent Lambs site. When I had seen it before I didn't know how to hide my searches, have an e-mail account , but I remembered it and hoped it would get my daughter to think twice about going back to the WT. I read & read and 3 weeks later went out for some shopping for a wedding present , some fall candles and , stopped in a book store for a Bible. I had wanted to check some verses. When I walked out of the shop something happened to me. it was like an invisable pair of Wt glasses came off. Something I was not aware of sudenly was gone. A judgemental ,I'm a an arse hole attitude was lifted from me and I saw people as people and I was smileing and glad to be alive.I took it as a sign I was heading down the right path.

2 weeks later I went to a Witness for Jesus convention, on the second day it was mentioned there would be communion. I asked few questions about what would qualify me to partake. That night I got on my knees to pray to Jesus. I was not yet convinced of things but thought what the heck, what do I have to loose? I didn't believe GOD would punish me for praying to Jesus, but it was still verging on the unthinkable. I had not prayed in many years, didn't know were to begin, so I asked for help to pray without confusion and to be able to say what was really in my heart.Instanly a presence was there and I was wrapped in a calming spirit. I prayed like I had never been able to pray before. I also asked a question and after wards was given the answer.It has been a life changing experience to know GOD has heard me and answered my prayers.

Over next few months a read, researched, and prayed , looking for what I had always needed from GOD. I was half way through reading "What's So Amazing About Grace" by Philip Yancey and sitting in church about to say a silent prayer for a little grace this week to help me with husband & kids. I prayed"Jesus, I need some grace to....." That's all the further I got, the sensation of a waterfall of Holy Spirit pouring down from above and envelopeing me froze me in my seat. A week went by until I really understood what happened. I was reading a list of the Fruits of the Spirit and began to examine my life. I jumped up and google the fruits and read about them. Every one had increased in me and without effort onmy part. Now when I am facing something difficult, having a bad day or what ever I say a quick prayer and ask for more. There is no feeling of Spirit being poured out on me , but inside I grow stronger . I have learned as in the song "to be more than I could be".

Two of the biggest changes have been a change in my generosity. I was always a penney pincher and not inclined to give money to anything if I did I regretted it.I give very freely now. the other change could be described as an empty place in my heart I tried to fill with things and pleaseing people.My heart is full now and I don't have a constant need for more. I am content.

I was not expecting this, I am humbled by how much the LORD has blessed me. Counting my husband , kids, sons and daugher inlaws and grand children and myself there are 20 in my family. I have a lot of work to do.

Blithe

• yknot
    yknot

Your comments in your 2nd post bring me to tears.

It reminds me of so many JWs I have known who treat the WTS/GB as a god. The only confusion I see is when men seek to prevail their own interpretations as absolutes, causing divisions and confusing everybody. The Gospel message is pretty simple and the lightest of yokes. If a person truly loves Jesus and Jehovah they embrace the simplicity of the message and prevail in faith. Love and be loved as both Jehovah and Jesus love you.

BTW I wound up mentally leaving the false by the pure accident of clicking onto JWD instead of the WTS org site. I have my stuggles but I am happy to keep my faith beyond the WTS.... afterall they are just men who were wrong, men being wrong happens everyday.

Life is a journey and you should seek and question until your soul is satisfied.

I look forward to more of your comments on the wide ranging subjects that so often pepper this forum.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Blithe Freshman - Amen! Praise the Lord for his grace and kindness and the POWER of his Holy Spirit!! You can't get that out of a magazine.

• abbagail
    abbagail

How many people lost their belief in a god after leaving the WTS.

Not me.

Why or why not?

Just because the teachings/interpretations of a "religion" is off kilter doesn't mean God is non-existent all the sudden, or that HE was the One who was wrong. It wasn't Him. It was them.

What opened your eyes?

Their Overemphasis on "The Organization."

Later, Pedophiles (via Silentlambs)

What made the light get brighter?

Having the attitude that, "Well, if the WT didn't have it right, I'll just keep looking." Which I did from "real" Christian sources. Keep learning, as if brand new really. It was wonderful to start fresh! Doesn't take long either.

What finally seemed to be too much?

Pedophiles, already mentioned.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I should add that the testimonies from Witnesses Now for Christ that are available online have been a great help to myself and 3 other local ex-JWs. Google the conference and download the audio testimonies; there are more people than you think who've had the light of Truth shine into their hearts and have had the courage to leave this false religion and move into the grace of God through Christ and experience absolute freedom as a result.

• reniaa
    reniaa

interesting that only one person on this whole thread said they still believed in Jehovah and it does seem that in no longer being a Jehovah's witness there is a move to walking away from having jehovah as God and in using his name too. It is something I have noticed a lot in ex-Jws.

John 17:26 (New American Standard Bible)

26 and ( A ) I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that ( B ) the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

One person used the name jehovah and about five or six other professed a belief in God. Not using a made up name by a catholic priest in no way determines whether a person does or does not believe in God. How small minded you are Reniaa, God is bigger than that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh, and I like reading the whole chapter that a verse comes from, it get the true complete meaning of a verse. Reading all of John 17 was very enlighting:

John 17 (New International Version)

John 17
    Jesus Prays for Himself

1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 "I have revealed you [a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. 13 "I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify [b] them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25 "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit