Looking for philosophy experts

by jstalin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry, it did work when I posted. Maybe again later.

Here are a few "related pages" from google: http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&q=related:plato.stanford.edu/entries/children/

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

reading about a shooting and guess what I found

Primary schools add philosophy to timetable

[email protected]
    16 April 2009
    Susanna Wilkey

"I THINK therefore I am" is the new mantra of Camden primary schoolchildren - who are now being taught philosophy...

The innovative Philosophy in Primary Schools programme is provided by educational service provider The Philosophy Shop, which offers trained professionals with the skills needed to open the minds of primary schoolchildren.

The youngsters are encouraged to think critically and ethically about issues like responsibility, how we know things and the nature of life through to the challenges of Western philosophical thought.

Philosophy Shop-trained primary school philosopher-in-residence Miriam Cohen Christofidis is working with Years 3 to 6 at Eleanor Palmer and Years 1 to 3 at Fleet. The former UCL tutor, from Hampstead, completed her undergraduate and postgraduates degrees in philosophy at UCL.

She said: "The children really develop confidence and a capacity to think and it is really important that they are given an environment to do this while being supported.

"They learn the skills of thinking which really helps them throughout their education and the grasp they have is amazing.

"I find thinking about how philosophy can be applied and used by children to help them engage in ideas and have clearer thoughts both challenging and rewarding."

For more information about the Philosophy Shop, visit www.the

philosophyshop.co.uk.

also here is another link

http://www.thephilosophyshop.co.uk/Books.html

For an entertaining introduction to the history of philosophy in novel form: Sophies World by Jostein Gaarder For philosophical approaches to teaching: Teaching Thinking by Robert Fisher Teaching Resources: Games for Thinking by Robert Fisher For Clued Up Kids Series (Logical & Lateral Puzzles) Lagoon Books Wells, S & Dear, L. (eds) The Little Book of Thunks by Ian Gilbert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit