Anybody know about statutory rape - especially Illinois?

by jws 13 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

lol...big tex....17-21 is four years too.........oompa

• John Doe
    John Doe

I can't give you legal advice without getting in trouble, but I can tell you that you need to consult with an attorney to determine what your state law is. Any other state law will do you no good. Give a criminal defense lawyer a call, and I'm sure he can tell you off the top of the head what the statute reads in your state.

• jws
    jws

I do not live anywhere close to Illinois, but "talk to a lawyer" is what I've been telling the boy's mother ever since I heard.

What I do know is the pregnant girl's mother (single parent, 5 kids, all different fathers) is into it, planning the baby shower, etc. So I don't expect her to press charges. I'm worried something else could end up snagging him if he's not careful. Like neverendingjourney said, a simple visit to the doctor could require the doctor to report him. Him signing the birth certificate as the father could be acknowledging he committed the crime.

Jail time would suck. It's going to be hard enough for a 19 and 17 year old (she'll be 17 by the time the baby is born) to raise the child. Having him in jail is just kicking them when they're down, without concern for the child.

And then there's the whole sex offender charge. He could never join the PTA or volunteer to help with anything involving his child if they do a background check and see that on his record. Even the privilege of eating lunch with my kids at their grade school requires a background check. So he'd also be doomed to less involvement with his child. And it's not like he's a danger to kids.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And yet it seems to be perfectly legal if you do it in the name of Jehovah at the Kingdumb Hell, regardless of the age difference or if the child is only a baby (under 2 years old). All you need is to contact the Legal Department to have them twist things around, or to have them forcibly hush the matter up. No wonder it is the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

Aside from that, they are trying to dictate who gets who. I wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately put so many walls up that one cannot court anyone without risking crossing one of them, and attempting to court the "wrong" person gets you barred from ever courting anyone again. Meanwhile, the real predators (that is, those using the Kingdumb Hell as a blind and those who forcibly rape small children, usually incestuously) get away with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit