so i had lunch with a dub friend i THOUGHT was a fader......oops.......

by oompa 10 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

a buddy for over twenty years who only goes to meetings once or twice a month....has a stach and big goatee....so no parts or privleges and does not go in service...nor his wife.....now his wife and i have had fun for years rolling our eyes at stoopid WT teachings...and even talked a bit about things we do not agree with.......so he knows i have not been for a long while until recently cause he was at one of the meetings i went to......but when i brought up some of the issues that caused my loss of faith...he was a bit defensive of the borg!....said he needed to do better?!?!?....admitted many of the changes kinds sucked, but he seems to work through it in his mind.......i was soooo hoping we would hit it off again, but damm if he is still mentally in i guess.....just super slack!...........oompa

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Reach over and slap the shit out of him and tell him to wake the f*ck up...

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

That really sucks. Did you two leave on bad terms after lunch?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

There are many "weak" JWs or ones that even stop going to meetings that have not mentally broken free from the org.

And I've made the same mistake as you on a couple occasions.

• oompa
    oompa

no civics...it was good....he is VERY non judgmental...and frowned when i told him many shun me now.......i am dying to talk to his wife in private as i would bet money she is mentally out..........oompa

• undercover
    undercover

Not everyone that fades is trying to fade or has become a closet apostate. Some have just grown weary at trying to maintain the level of service required to remain an active JW. They may have become inactive, yet haven't freed themselves of the mind control of the WTS. Even out of the everyday routine of being a JW, they still accept the teachings and defend the group and its leaders.

There are some who may question and doubt but still never leave. I knew a guy who had been DFd for fornication and while he was out, he came to realize that there were problems with the JW belief system and the WTS. I remember sitting in a bar with him till closing one night sharing my experience with him, explaining some of the things I had learned. He visited this site among others that exposed the religion. I thought he was on his way to being free of the control of the WTS. This freedom brought him a problem though. Too much partying, drinking. And then drugs. He got mixed up with some wrong people and his life spun out of control. Lost his job, DUI, jail, divorce. I haven't heard from him in a while but I ran into a mutual non-JW friend who told me that he had "gone back to church and was knocking on doors handing out phamplets". So even after learning the truth about the "truh", he turned back to it when he felt he needed some stablity in his life.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Why didn't you just sing him your song?

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
    I've got another puzzle for you
    Oompa Loompa doompadah dee
    If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get from a glut of service meetings?
    A pain in the neck and an IQ of three
    Why don't you try simply reading a book?
    Or could you just not bear to look?

You'll get no
    You'll get no
    You'll get no
    You'll get no
    You'll get no brainwashing

What do you get from a shaved goatee?
    A chill on the chin and a brain dead family
    Why don't you try simply reading a book?
    Or could you just not bear to look?

You'll get no
    You'll get no
    You'll get no
    You'll get no
    You'll get no brainwashing

Oompa Loompa Doompadee Dah
    If you leave the zombies you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa
    Oompa Loompa doompadee do

• jstalin
    jstalin

Oompa - maybe - just maybe, you planted a seed in his mind.

• Scott77
    Scott77

undercover

I am wondering, what would happen to those who finally leaves the WTS only to find themelves in worse situation. The absense of a social support network certainly makes these individual easy prey of the WTS.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I like this version of Pink Floyd's The Wall ...

We don't need indoctrination.

We don't need no mind-control.

No criticism from the platform.

Elders, leave those young girls alone.

Hey, Elders, leave those young girls alone!

All in all, it's just another lie at the Hall.

All in all, it was just another lie at the Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit