The Fight For What Is Right

by silentlambs 17 Replies latest jw friends

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

Bill -

The simple reason you are recieving so much of a reaction is that you are sitting on a keg of dynamite. When the lawsuits start flying, the vaults in Brooklyn will start emptying pretty fast. Your hitting them where it hurts the most -- the wallet! They'd better get ready to make some heavy withdraws from the Citibank accounts where all the big $$$ are....

Personally, this issue was the last straw for me in terms of seeing just how deep the corruption has settled into the organization. How could God bless those who turn a blind eye to the wanton rape of children? Or worse beat victims seeking their help? Even to the point of violating Caesar's laws?

I was a 3rd generation JW and have known / know lots of older ones, both at Bethel and locally, despite my young age (24 yrs old). In all fairness, at one time there were sincere men running the organization who were honestly good people and there are still pockets of decency here and there (mostly older ones). But, the worst rot is among the "young bucks" currently at the top. The money grab has become all-consuming. I honestly think all of those articles on materialism are aimed at these latest-generation Bethel higher-ups, or maybe some form of cogntive dissonance by the Writing department. They are to a person the most materialistic, greed bunch in the organization today.

Sorry for rambling. remember Bill, to paraphrase Whitney Houston, "No matter what they take from you, they can't take away your dignity." If there is a God, he is surely with you.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Bill -

You are indeed a man of Honor and Integrity; many other good virtues as well.

Isn't it odd that you can have the respect and admiration of a secular humanist atheist like myself while the Grand Spirit-Annointed Theocrats at the Watchtower revile you beneath their breath?

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Hi Bill, thank you for the post. When I read it all I could think about was how anyone who stands up to the "HYPOCRATES" are attacked vehemently the way you have been. It's not easy to be like Jeremiah. Thankyou for taking on the task. Your hard work has made a differenc to many many who have been under the heels of the Watchtower.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

thought i would share a few excerpts from emails I have recieved from this post.

silentlambs

Dear Bill;
    Thank you for your thought provoking letter - it had some very good points.

Dearest Bill, as I read your story tears began to stream down my face. They were tears of pain and tears of sheer anger. I know exactly how you felt when facing these so called princes among men

Dear Bill,
    I really enjoyed your summary of the events of the last few years with Watchtower. Your list of things they did to you was identical with what they did to me. I am quite sure many could say the same. It is a pattern with WT to abuse and silence innocents.

Hello Bill,
    Very good work. I think that a sense of justice and what is right was the deciding factor for many of us who opposed the WTS on principal grounds.
    At first we thought that we only had to bring the matter to the attention of those higher up in the organization and they would put it right. We then discovered that they didn't, on the contrary we, who pointed the problem out became the focus. We became the problem.

I appreciate all the hard work you put in Bill. I'm sure you have already helped a great number of people and the changes that will be forced on them because of the publicity you have generated will help more than we will ever know in the future.

Hello "Brother" Bowen
    Your letter shows me you've suffered greatly under this org. So have I. I have been associated with JW for about 30 years and am just recently seeing the light as to how things are done and the hypocritical double standards that are applied to many things.

Hi Bill (I hope I have your name right)
    Thanks for sharing your story. I sure can see, that you were in an extremely difficult position and I really admire you for the stand you have taken. All the more power to you.

Bill Bowen, that was a masterful piece of penmanship.........thank you. It made a lot of sense, and put things in prospective for me.
    Keep on trucking............from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Bill...you remind me of the time when Jesus went into the temple and overthrew the tables.....You have shown us courage, given us hope and supplied us with truth and to this we are thankful........and for this I give you the name of my daughter and sister's sexual molester….

Dear Bill, Well done I have red your letter, I will read it more fully later. You are a fighter for what is right. You have brought this issue to the fore, the issue of WT policy.

Dear Brother Bowen:
    I hope you don't mind if I call you that, as I view you as my brother in Christ. Thank you so very much for your insights.
    I think that it is men like you, that would be the ONLY reason for me to return to JW’s.

I am so impressed with what you have managed to do!
    Your work with silentlambs is a valuable one and I commend you for it. It is helping you to continue to grow into the beautiful self you are. Your genuine self which is compassionate and caring and guided by such words as integrity.
    Such words as integrity, trust, faith and genuine are unknown to the WTBTS. They are simply words that are parroted. It is only after one leaves that, in time, such words take on a more soulful and genuine understanding.

I wish you success in your work and your growth in being genuine.
    Thank you for writing this and expressing yourself so well. I fully support what you have done and are doing. I have also witnessed the hypocrisy in the congregations with sexual abuse against children. All covered up. I’m glad you exist.

Dear Brother Bowen,
    I have read your letter in its entirety and I wanted to express my appreciation for your opinion, and your courage.
    I have faced similar circumstances, though on a miniscule scale compared to what you are going through, which interestingly were all put in motion by a pedophile. I resigned as an elder two years ago this month, and the "lost" feeling continues to prevail. Since I don't have the feather I can't fly either. I am still here, still trying to hang in there, and I want to love and respect the Society so much it hurts, but for some reason I can't break over and make things like they used to be.

All ANGELS go through tribulation before they get their wings...congrats! Not honoring you, humbly applauding you! My voice was too weak from the abuse to continue shouting any longer and I felt that I was done for. My wings are tattered and one is broken, yet I still FLY. I will heal someday.
    May you always be blessed!

Hi Bill I read your letter about your time in the watchtower, It’s like my story, for years I would fight the elders to do what was right…

Bill, I endure dirty looks every day. They are easy for me knowing Christ endured so much more for us all.
    Don’t give up. I firmly believe Jehovah will destroy those destroying the faiths of others, hiding wrongdoing, serving for prominence and comfort and who do NOT have Jehovah's spirit or guidance.

Please, please take care.

Hi Bill Bowen

I enjoyed your comments on "The fight to do what's right". Brings back "memories"... you know. Having spent close to 50 years being a JWs, raised as one, I no doubt, can probably relate to your "experiences" with crooked Circuit Overseers and SPECIAL COMMITTEES greatly.

Dear Bill,
    I read with keen appreciation today's letter. I want to thank you for your concise explanation of your position. I know first hand the feelings you so eloquently expressed regarding separation from the organization. Your training as a teacher in the congregation is evident with the solid scriptural case you laid out.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Greetings Bill,

Your post was very moving and tells much about you as a person. You are one of those rare birds, who, if others like you existed in my former congregations, I would still be a JW.

"Honor" - see "Bill Bowen"

"Integrity" - see "Bill Bowen"

"Bill Bowen" - see "Honor" and "Integrity"

: It might appear that the application of the Scripture would be for WT to lay low and let this blow over. Yet, I see the point made that they could actually be fighting against God, and, if so, the results would be men who no longer have the benefit of God’s Holy Spirit directing their decisions.

I've made a serious study of WT history, Bill, and am completely convinced that Jehovah has never had a single thing to do with that religion.

Keep up the good work. You are a treasure and will undoubtedly be responsible for saving thousands upon thousands of precious children from being hurt with their predators going free and prospering in "Jehovah's Spiritual Paradise."

When several of us were working with Barbara on this issue, we floundered about trying to figure out what to do. We just couldn't find a starting point to get this thing out in the open. We needed a "Messiah" (deliverer). You came along and you delivered. Big time. And at great peril to yourself and your family. I applaud you and your wonderful spouse.

Not too many people in this world get an opportunity to make such a huge difference in people's lives. You are one of them. I salute you, sir.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• sunflowers30
    sunflowers30

Dear Mr. Bowen-

I finally found out why you were not (and probably will not) be disfellowshipped.
    The locals in your area were upset that no action was taken against you, namely a
    disfellowshipping.
    So they asked headquarters (bethel) and the reply they got was: "he is entitled to
    his opinion"
    That's the reason given to the rank and file.

Best wishes and God bless you.

• chester
    chester

btttt

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i'm glad Bill that you had the balls to stand up and take the problem on rather than like most people, sit on their backsides just moaning.

allways the few, everytime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit