Memorial Thursday: why am I still getting an invitation?

by And He Ran 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Until 4 PM the day of the REJECT Jesus Party, there is still time to get your waste of paper. They are likely to be ordered to make a special effort to be out Wednesday and Thursday (I wonder how many moved their boasting session up to Tuesday, or regularly had their boasting session on Tuesday instead of Thursday anyway). The announcement is that everyone must be out in field circus and stay out all day, both days (if you have another job, take the day off for this "emergency").

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they make Thursday a solid day of field circus. They will start at 5:30 in the morning to get those wastes of paper distributed, and make sure to take the minimum amount of time to regroup. No coffee breaks allowed--when you reach the end of one street or territory, move right into the next--unless your whole territory has been worked. You have to have 100% of the territory worked by 4:00 in the afternoon Thursday, so everyone can get their wastes of paper in time to get ready to reject Jesus.

This can easily vary by congregation. One congregation might word it differently from this, while another will be super strict about it. But, until 4 PM Thursday, you are still open game for getting your waste of paper.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Now that I live about 3 miles down the road from my parents...no mention of the memorial yet. I'm holding my breath

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

No one's invited us , not even the friendly ladies that keep calling on us.

We'll be drinking to that come Thursday evening

• homeschool
    homeschool

I was shocked (and HaPPY!) that nobody actually invited me and my hubby to the memorial. I knew its coming up tomorrow and nobody (except one sincere jw woman who I've always liked). it came up with my two sisters but they didnt actually invite me (I believed that they seriously HEARD me a year or two ago when I firmly said that I didnt believe in the bible so why would I go to the memorial?)..... BUT!......dun dun DUNnnnnnn.....guess who came and knocked on my door yesterday afternoon. my dad and another guy. I could feel my whole body cringe and I wanted to push him off our porch when he handed me the invite. When he said "do you think you and _______ will be able to come?" I said "I seriously doubt it. Thanks. I know you gotta do what you gotta do, but we're not comin'." and then I shut the door and wanted to beat something i was so angry! How could he pester me even though I've TOLD him to knock it off?????! But then I realized, its only because he truly loves me and cannot give up hope...its all he's got, which is really sad

• Scott77
    Scott77

Aha, so much with your dad. I think its a matter of having brainshed all those ones considered 'bold' to disregard other's feelings. Otherwise, thanks for sharing.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sure it's a last chance hope. As long as they continue to believe the JWs are the "truth" they will hope you come back to it. Duh The Watchtower magazine has also done a great job of convicing JWs that there is no possible way a person can leave for good reasons. This creates the idea in the JW community that nobody is justified in leaving. Everybody who leaves has simply made a terrible mistake and it's the JWs hope that one day they will see their own error

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit