Do you celebrate X-mas but aren't Christian?

by betweenworlds 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I do not even know if I am christian or not. A part of me really believes in the the things Jesus taught, but I am not for sure. I know I believe in a higher power. I do not see Christmas as a christian holiday, I see it as a tradition...

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

andi, thanks sweetie. now you have mail!

love
    h

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Thanks so much all for your input

I think perhaps it's time I spend less timing thinking and guilt tripping about whether I'm doing the right thing all the time and perhaps FEEL life instead of going through the motions!

Thanks again!!!!!

You guys are the best

betweenworlds

• LB
    LB

Well I still believe in God but, it seems I no longer am capable of praying. The JW's beat that out of me with their guilt trips about God not hearing prayers from people like myself. But we are going to celebrate our first Christmas in many years. No special meaning attached to it other than it's fun.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Between,
    Christmas is what you make of it. For most Americans, it's really a secular holiday anyway, not a religious one. Santa is the center of the celebration, not Jesus, in most families from what I have seen. I know that tends to annoy certain Christian fundies, but suits me just fine. For me, the meaning of Xmas is celebrating family, good friends, togetherness, sparkly decorations (that would be considered tacky in any other context), and GREAT FOOD. Enjoy!

HH

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

LB,

By the way, great GIF! Very cool.

HH

• rhett
    rhett

Oddly enough, despite the fact that I've been quick to point out on numerous occasions my nonbelief in the bible, I love Christmas. Hey, pretty lights, cards (thanks everyone!), presents, what's not to like?

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• rhett
    rhett
    Santa is the center of the celebration, not Jesus, in most families from what I have seen. I know that tends to annoy certain Christian fundies, but suits me just fine.

Hey, we can use it for whatever we want it for. Its not like they came up with the idea on their own.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit