Who knows of an Annointed one getting Disfellowshipped?

by annalice 20 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I know the change in the 1935 teaching makes this a moot point...

but...

I always wondered about the "replacement" theory. Whenever the number went up it was explained that some fell away, thus replacements were added changing the number.

Which make no sense at all. If you have, say, 7,543 members of the anointed and during the course of the year three of them get DFd, they have to be replaced. So you add three new members. But the number shouldn't fluctuate. 7543 minus three plus three is still 7543. Then taking the number of those that die off, the number goes down.

The only way it can go up is if one or more that have already received his/her heavenly reward turns bad and has to be replaced. Even that scenerio raises questions because as often as the number went up, that would mean that quite a few of these "faithful stewards" were turning out to be not so faithful. Makes you wonder if they got up there and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be and started to beg off from hanging out with Joe Hober and Jebus

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I know a family friend who was DFed. Years later he was reinstated and still "Annointed".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Rick and Inez Fearon professed to be of the annointed, and they were df'd.

• bennyk
    bennyk

A comment was made above: "The only way it can go up is if one or more that have already received his/her heavenly reward turns bad and has to be replaced."

Not so. There is another explanation. [Disclaimer: I do not believe this.]

The replacement of an "unfaithful, formerly anointed" individual need not be immediate, but rather, take place after the passage of some time (perhaps several years). Thus, the number of recognized anointed members of the "Remnant" will fall both because of death AND upon their defection from the "one, true Faith" []. Accordingly, it could be (but need not appear as) a one-for-one replacement because the cumulative defection of not-yet-replaced Evil Slaves could take place over several years, followed by a total replacement in a SINGLE year. If the number of recognized replacements exceeds the number of those who have died faithful since the previous Memorial, the total number of "anointed" will appear to increase. Of course, such an explanation is necessary only if the number 144 000 be literal.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If my memory serves me correctly, back in Cleveland, in the 70's we had a brother who

said he was one of the 144,000,

He accidently shot himself in the chest and survived.

He was disfelloshiped for a while.

Then he was reinstated.

Thats what I remember, the devil is in the details.

I thought he was rather eccentric, He had YHWH taped on his car.

He had a sign in front of his house that had YHWH among other things on it.

He seemed quiet and shy.

And in my opinion I would say touched.

But werent we all touched when we were JWs.

We werent right in the head.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

During the 1970s we had an elderly annointed brother (in his 70s) in our congregation who was disfellowshipped for disagreeing with things about the organisation. It caused a huge stir because he was very well known all over the city as he had been of the annointed for decades. Eventually he was reinstated, but I can't remember whether he was still referred to as annointed after that.

Hopscotch

• donny
    donny

My ex-brother-in-law claimed to be of the annointed and about 10 years later was disfellowshipped for "trying to correct the organization." Supposedly he is working with some other individuals who will reform the Society from within. He told me a while back that something shocking and amazing will happen in the near future. "Near future" sounds likes terms and phrases used by the current organization.

Don

• StAnn
    StAnn

Regarding those who claimed to be anointed, were DF'd, and then reinstated, how can the elders "decide" if those people are anointed or not? Doesn't the WTS teach that this anointing is communicated to the individual by Jehoober and only that individual knows if it's genuine?

StAnn

• oompa
    oompa

ME ME ME ME ME!!!...(hand held high and waving)........this bro took a blood transfusion!!....and was dfd...and he was anointed......this was 28 years ago btw...........oompa

• apocryphal22
    apocryphal22

Judas for the WIN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit