Why no earthly hope for those in 1st Century and onward???

by oompa 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

Funny Outlaw...as usual....but this was not for wifey talk....my dad does engage me in rationa thought at times and we have been talking about this........oompa

and civicsi00, where is this loony explanation at?....news to me......

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

These are good points. I can't believe I never realized when I was in how many assumptions the WTS makes to support their doctrines.

One thing that really bothers me is how the WTS can make changes to their doctrines and interpretations and JWs hardly seem to notice. But I would love to be there for the WT study when the "new light" is revealed that the 144,000 is not literal, but is a symbolic number after all! I think that would be one of the few "corrections" that would actually get the drones' attention.

SM

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Oompa!..My point is,the subject is absurd to begin with......Trying to make sense of WBT$ Fiction,using WBT$ Logic or any logic for that matter will make you crazy......................Soon you`ll be driving your wife nuts..Have pointless conversations with your dad,grow a Hump and post on a Dub Board trying to figure it all out..LOL!!.........................................;-)...OUTLAW

• sacolton
    sacolton

Makes you wonder which angels he was speaking with...

Rutherford actually spoke with two angels. One was known as "Jack". The other angel was "Daniels".

• greendawn
    greendawn

If we divide 144 000 by the 1970 years that the church existed we come up with the figure of 71 per year. If that figure is literal the church could only afford 71 elite per year of existence. It is obviously an erroneous figure, given the hundreds of millions of christians that have lived during that time. Even if out of all them only one per hundred were genuine that gives a figure in the millions.

The 144 000 are described as male, virginal, Jews and the WTS admits that this is symbolic. So why isn't their number also symbolic? It doesn't sound natural to say their descriptives are symbolic but not their number.

And as you say why would the pre JW christians either attain the standard of the heaven-called or fail and get stricken off the book of life while the JWs are given an easier option albeit of a lesser glory but still much better than being dead. This doesn't fit reason and it's enough to prove this doctrine to be spurious.

Also in all my time with the JWs I never understood what the so called JW annointed (and above all the GB) were doing that was so much better than what the non anointed were doing so that they should deserve a much higher reward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit