Are there any Witnesses you feel sorry for?

by BonaFide 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Re: Are there any Witnesses you feel sorry for?

Definitely. Many good friends, and my parents especially. As I'm "cold", I know my mom is crying every night because she's not going to see me in Paradise.

She's 65+ years old. She should be enjoying her retirement. But she goes to service every day with my dad. And she's thinking that her son "abandoned Jehovah"... and suffering because of the teachings of self-deceived old men in Brooklyn.

It really sucks.

TTRP

• Atman
    Atman

I would feel sorry for anybody in a cult. it's a very difficult thing to get out of. pity those who have lived into old age in the cult and raised children in it. it must be as ingrained in them as the color of their eyes.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I just remembered another sister. She is 73 years old, went to Gilead when she was 21 or 22. Never married. Lived in missionary homes for 40 years, then came back to US to take care of her aging parents. She sends me an email sometimes, still believes all of it.

BF

• crapola
    crapola

I feel sorry that my mom believes that I am going to die at Armegeddon. I know I've hurt her. That's the only regret I have about leaving.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just the kids.....Everyone else has a choice.....................OUTLAW

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    Everyone else has a choice

Sometimes I'm not so sure. Have you ever seen how they condition elephants to be convinced they can't escape even though they just have a little rope tied around one leg?

99% of them I feel sorry for. There's always a few jerks, but most are decent but misled people.

• megs
    megs

My friend... Such a smart, smart guy... but he honestly believes the end is "very near" TM So he's almost 36 years old, never been with a woman, didn't go to university because that would be frowned upon... I feel sorry for him, he's wasted so much time already.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I believe every Witness comes to crossroads in their lives where they see problems with the Watchtower's teachings and make conscious decisions to just keep going along with the Watchtower rather that have to deal with the consequences of facing up to the truth. Sometimes I feel sorry for them but then again the religion they choose to follow is one that does a lot of harm and very little good.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Right now, my wife an inlaws.

• trebor
    trebor

My father, mother, siblings and other family members.

I also feel sorry for sincere people who believe being in the organization and loyality to it is vital to any life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit