Is there anyone from Holland?

by dutchstef 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

I became a member just a couple of days ago, and now I wonder if I'm the only one from Holland?

• fokyc
    fokyc

Welcome to the board, NO you are certainly NOT the only one from Holland,

I am sure they will introduce themselves when they see you,

There is a Dutch site, I do not know the details

but I know the 2008 CD ROM has recently been posted there.

fokyc

• Borgia
    Borgia

Of course not! Where did you get that idea you were the only one? .............lol.....A JW leftover?

I'm from the Netherlands.....If you feel more confortable to chat in dutch PM me.

doei!

Cheers

Borgia

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Avengers is from Holland.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

my mom is from Holland (netherlands), does that count? lol...

My mom is a JW but she is here in the US..she came to the states in the 50s. She may have had a relative in Holland that was a dub but we will never know for certain... her father's name was Kermans.... I will have to look up her mom's name... I think they lived in Utrecht ..at least that is where my mom was born...

Snakes ()

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

So you're half dutch!

Don't speak any dutch I supose?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

my mom doesnt even speak dutch anymore... her brother and sister are both her in the US...neither speak dutch..though I once made my mom really really really mad and she started cursing in dutch..... she didnt even realize she did it...but when i repeated it back...she knew she had...

her parents spoke dutch all the time until they died... and no.. i dont speak it at all.

snakes ()

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Haha that's funny! If you ever want a course of cursing in dutch... or learn some dutch words to shock your mum...

I can teach you...

The same with my brother btw . He lives in Australia and his dutch is verry pour now..

• Ezras
    Ezras

Hi dutchstef,

I'm from Holland :)

And I'm running a dutch forum in Holland, named www.paradise-cafe.nl.

I've disassociated myself this 1st of february. You can read my story here: www.jehovahs-getuigen.nl. It's in Dutch ofcourse, so if someone wants to read in in English, you can do so through this link (a google translation). It's not perfect english, but I think it will do:

http://translate.google.nl/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jehovahs-getuigen.nl&sl=nl&tl=en&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8

Greetings,
    Ezra

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Ezras.

Welcome to the Board,

your withdrawal letter is great

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit