KNOCK KNOCK JW AT YOUR DOOR

by megaflower 14 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

How would you respond? You have been out for the day and upon your return home you find the JW's came around and they where at your home talking to your kids(teens, one 20 year old). The kids where never JW as the householder never was but lost family to the cult and of course is bitter. Any suggestions?

• Quirky1
  • megaflower
    megaflower

More info, Iam trying to help my sister who of course is mad as hell!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tell your kids not to encourage JW`s coming to your home..The JW`s will keep coming once anyone shows the least bit of interest..

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• villabolo
    villabolo

Try to find a way of communicating to the local JW congregation that you are an apostate who would love to speak to them. That should keep them far away.

• crazycate
    crazycate

Show your kids the info on the internet. Just keeping the JWs away from your door won't protect them.

Cate

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I agree with crazycate, information is the “word”. Try using Leolaia project. Eventually they will find JW outside your door.

Take care,

Ismael

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Megaflower - I would say you and your sister NEED to educate the rest of your family about the WTS. That's what I did....when we lost a family member to the cult. I made sure the rest of my family understood that the WTS is nothing more than a manipulative, mind-control group masquerading as Christian.

I wish you all the best.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Any suggestions?"

Since they're messing with your kids' minds, here are the steps I would take, in this order.

1. Call the elders and asked to be placed on their "do not call" list.

2. If that doesn't work, tell them you will call the police if they don't stay off your property.

3. Restraining order(s).

Sounds a bit extreme, but your childrens' well-being is at stake. Don't let them into your kids' lives.

I agree with the other posters who recommend talking with your kids about dubs and their lies, if you haven't done it already.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Use it as an opportunity to teach your children about critical thinking and reasoning ability. What you forbid/discourage your children from they will want to investigate all the more. Role play future confrontations perhaps. Just a suggestion.

However, I do agree it's a tight rope to walk and your children do need protection from the tactics of a manipulating group of people. Tough call.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit