1975 Was Brought Up At the Meeting

by dismayed 36 Replies latest jw friends

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

“Even if Jehovah’s Witnesses are wrong, it’s still the organization I want to be a part of”. That was followed by thunderous applause

It's that kind of thinking that alerted me that this was all about being part of an organization and following the status quo, no matter how wrong or misdirected. This thought process scared me then and still does as I have relatives in. Group dynamics gone bezerk. Has nothing to do with finding the truth or building oneself up spiritually.

Woah, wait a wee minute, didn't Jesus say we'd know false prophets by their fruits? And what's the fruitage of a false prophet? Oh, that's right...false prophecies.

LOL...that's a good one

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

You know what ninja , I can't imagine the cult of the wts doing an applewhite but the end result could be the same if they all fall prey to new-age religion. If it get's forced upon the whole of the world, I could Imagine the fds falling for or being part of the whole thing thinking it's as close to Christianity as they are. Saw a funny quote saying that humans and chimps share 97% of their D.N.A. It's that 3% that stops us swinging from the trees and throwing our own faeces about. It's that same 3% that is the crucial difference between JW's and true christianity.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

LOL Ninja!...the spaceship left me behind

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

“Even if Jehovah’s Witnesses are wrong, it’s still the organization I want to be a part of”. That was followed by thunderous applause...

I feel a little taste of throw-up in my mouth...I can't tell you how many times my JW relatives have tried this line of reasoning to get me to come back and overlook the "shortcomings" of the WTS!!

• loosie
    loosie

Those demos always reminded me of an informercial. The result is always the same. the cust just loves the product and can't live without it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I recall a part in a District Convention once, where there was some sort of demonstration or experience where for one reason or another the one speaking made the statement, “Even if Jehovah’s Witnesses are wrong, it’s still the organization I want to be a part of”. That was followed by thunderous applause." I think most everyone has heard a "Brain Dead Jehovah`s Witness" say that at one time or another..

All Praise

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• parakeet
    parakeet

“Even if Jehovah’s Witnesses are wrong, it’s still the organization I want to be a part of”

In other words, the desire to belong to "the organization" is more important than pleasing God.

If that's not worshipping "false idols," then I'm a kangaroo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit