1914: Look what REALLY Happened!

by cameo-d 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Weird, very weird.

• Gill
    Gill

Indoctrination and mind control is the problem with the human mind. Unless someone has a really strong character or acute mental ability and intuition they are very easy to lead by the nose and believe in any religion that their parents, country, area etc believe.

What I find so fascinating, Cameo-d, is that these belief structures are just all from the same ship that has cast out its net on the unwary.

Certain key words, such Religion, Minister, Faith, Church, Truth, God, etc are used to immeadiately entrap and control. Much as the 144.000. and Melchizedek etc are key words to ensnare the minds of people who have some religious/ christianity based, knowledge.

Unless people understand that the 'fisherman' is one and the same, they cannot work out how to get out of the trap.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Hebrews 7: 20 "And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:
    "The Lord has sworn
    and will not change his mind:
    'You are a priest forever.' "[ b ] 22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely[ c ] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens."

What do you think of the above scriptures?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sarah,

'You are a priest forever.' "[b] 22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

This is a deliberate mind bender.

The sentence speaks of Melchizedek being proclaimed a priest forever, then suddenly his identity is linked/switched to Jesus.

Jesus was not even on the scene at the time of Melchizedek.

Are we to understand that Jesus is now, in addition to being Michael, is also Melchizedek, too?

This reminds me of Watchtower speak. I have noticed many times in their literature they seem to use Jehovah and Jesus interchangeably. They will sometimes give Jehovah attributes of Jesus and it confuses the issue. WT will often switch in mid paragraph from reference to Jehovah and change to Jesus. It is very subtle. I am sure others have noticed it.

26Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens."

"set apart from sinners"?? This is simply not true at all. Jesus rubbed elbows with some of the most flagrant ruffians! And he loved them. He never portrayed that he was set apart or above them. He also said "My kingdom is not of this world" so why would he "speak" through some human hierarchy to dictate judgements?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

1914 is the biggest lie of all the lies the Governing Body teaches.

Yeah, its a cult, most can see that. (call it a high control group of that makes you uncomfortable....) But the entire religion is made up of two dates that are fiction. 607 BCE as the date of Jerusalems fall, and the related date 1914.

I know these dates and the archaeological evidence behind them must bore the hell out of most, and that is what makes the Governing Body so cynical to this day about 1914. They know most of their flock would rather not research this on their own, and will take their word for it.

First off, they weren't proclaiming 1914 until a bunch of other dates came and went. They most certainly were not teaching (as they make it appear today) that Jesus was coming in 1914 invisibly and that Satan was getting kicked out.

The date 607 is the paper thin foundation of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is based on the same astrological/astronomical records that they use to establish that 539 was the date of the fall of Medo-Persia, and the subsequent release of the Jews.

They call 539 BCE a "pivitol date" which is a "date that agrees with bible chronology" (JW code phrase for WT chronology) and scholars. (JW code word for worldly, demon controlled people who disagree with JW's due to real evidence).

The evidence are a bunch of astronomical records that Babylon, Egypt, and others used to track the movement of the stars. These constellations are still with us today. Thus, we can actually count back in real years to when these ancient events occurred. Hey, a lot of them wrote it in stone. Can't screw with that!

So the Governing Body takes one date (539 BCE) as the date of Medo Persia's fall, but totally reject the date pulled from the same evidence in stone as to the date of Jerusalem's fall (586 BCE). Why?

If JW's acknowledged 586 BCE as the date of Jerusalems fall, then there isn't a damn thing they ever got right. They wouldn't even be able to claim a single weird thing happened. It would all fall apart. It would take out the 7 gentile times, the beginning of the last days, all of the bullshit about preaching beginning in the last days, the spiritual credentials of Russell and Rutherford in particular. (in CoC, Franz reported a GB meeting where Knorr expressed doubt about 1914) etc.

I was always willing to explain away the bad behavior of JW's, esp elders, as just people being imperfect. But you can't explain away this. Other then JW's bullshit teachings about types and antitypes, this was what caused me to leave. They lied about being gods channel. That was it. Bu bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit