An Internet Apostate

by Yadirf 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

An Internet "apostate" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. S/he tries to start arguments and upset people.

Apostates see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows apostates to flourish.

Apostates are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, apostates do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something someone can write that will change them." But a true apostate can not be changed by mere words.

Yadirf,
    not an apostate.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Oh dear, give Timothy Campbell who wrote this the credit he deserves. He is a very tallented programmer, writer and ex-jw site owner.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Just read your descriptions of an apostate. I guess, just judging from those descriptions that YOU are an apostate!

TimB

• larc
    larc

Friday,

Is this true?? Did you plagerize (sp) this? That is unethical, perhaps even a sin. Shame on you.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Oh dear, give Timothy Campbell who wrote this the credit he deserves. He is a very tallented programmer, writer and ex-jw site owner.

Yes, but not so talented as to be able to appreciate how well his very own words described those like himself.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yardif, what is the point you are trying to make? I pointed out who wrote your piece as you had not given credit.
    It was written by someone describing the activity of trolls (mainly JWs) who infiltrate ex-JW message boards to cause havoc.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Carl

If that's what you would call plagiarizing someone else's work, then I myself have been a victim of THAT right here on this forum. In other words here, rubbing elbows with all you apostates, is where I learned how to do it. Bad association ... and that sort of thing. But war isn't clean, and a warrior can expect to get a little dirty in the battle. But it will wash off later.

So, from now on I shall feel no shame when I "plagiarize". BTW, did you notice how I plagiarized your name.

• Erich
    Erich

hi yardif:

But you could HELP brothers - "victims of apostates" - in finding appropriate answers, so that they could be able to stand against destructive criticism. Why don't you help if someone has got troubles ?

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Here is Timothy Campbell's original for comparison:

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

Ginny

• dubla
    dubla

first off, before i respond to yadirfs ravings, let it be known (to all who havent checked ginnys link) that he posted these exact same words in another thread, but no one responded. (it was originally written with the word "troll" or "trolls" in the place of "apostate" or "apostates", by timothy....and then rewritten by friday as it is above)........so now he is so unbelievably attention starved, that he had to repost them in a new thread. so, lets feed the poor hungry troll.

As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict.

sorry, not true. if youd like friday, i can put together a list of "apology" posts from various apostates on this board to show you just how many do feel sorrow after intentionally or unintentionally inflicting pain on another.

Apostates are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, apostates do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.
    absolutely false. true of trolls like yourself yadirf, yes, but not of apostates, at least not the ones ive met on this board. ive met some of the most compassionate people i know on here, ive even watched them show compassion to the likes of you and your merry band of insult slingers.

as far as feeling remorse, many of the posters on here have shown sincere remorse for the people they hurt while in the org, and probably most are remorseful for every getting baptized in the first place.

turning these statements around though friday, when was the last time you showed sincere compassion or remorse in this way? or any other troll for that matter? id guess youll be hard pressed to think of a time, but if you do find one, please provide links. thank you.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit