Wilmington, VT Congregation Being Dissolved!

by Seeker4 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I just heard this week that the Wilmington, VT congregation is being dissolved. It is here in Southern Vermont, and I can remember when it was formed, probably about 30 years ago.

The congregation was always troubled, it seems, and there were so many personality conflicts in it that people who lived next to the Kingdom Hall would travel to the Brattleboro, VT congregation to attend meetings! A good percentage of Witnesses that lived in that territory refused to go there and attended other congregations.

It seems that attendance has dwindled down to 20 or so, and so it is being disbanded. Has anyone else heard about this?

S4

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Alrightee then.... one down....how many to go?

• hubert
    hubert

Hi, Seeker,

Seeker, why would this KH be different from other KH's, if they are supposedly teaching the same doctrine at the same time? Is there an elder there that is overly strict?

Can you give me some reasons why members would travel further to a different hall than the one that is closer to them?

(Say "hi" to Lori for me, Seeker. Good to see you posting, too).

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

There were serious personality conflicts happening in Wilmington. I'm not absolutely sure, as I've been out for a while, but I think it had to do with one or two elders that no one could stand.

Hubert, Lori and I say hi back at ya!

S4

• hubert
    hubert

Hubert

• abbagail
    abbagail

Good news either way.

But I wonder what KH those elders will go to that nobody liked... 'cuz when they arrive, then THAT KH will start to have problems... but then again, that would be a good thing... maybe TWO down and how many to go?

• Quandry
    Quandry

But wait....weren't they all speaking the same "pure language of truth?" Didn't they have love for "the whole association of brothers?"

Weren't the elders humble sheep? I just don't understand.....

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Quandry,

It's obviously quite a quandry.

My feeling is that genuine love is often the real issue.

S4

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

This absolutely happened when I was still living up near Chicago. I think it was the Streamwood congregation that had MAJOR problems. The entire elder body was replaced. People were leaving the congregation in droves and we would have this weird mix of people coming to our hall all the time.

Yeah it happens...mob mentality...absolute power corrupting absolutely...yeah.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now, if they would start in Maine and start disbanding every single congregation they run into through San Diego, there might be some progress. And, then move onto Mexico, Brazil, and Nigeria and repeat the process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit