WHATEVER HAPPEND TO THE JONADAB CLASS?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Which reminds me - whatever happened to the Dag-nabbit class, red-haired step-brothers to the Jona-dab class?

• Gregor
    Gregor

The Dag-nabbits kind of faded after the death of Walter Brennan

• oompa
    oompa

good question....another is "how many dubs would you have ask before you found one that knows what a jonadab is, much less what the jonadab class even means????".....oompa

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

If my memory serves me correctly, the Jonadabs were to form the "great multitude". That may mean that they have morphed into the "great crowd", or should I say future "great crowd", since the "great crowd" don't exist till after the "great tribulation". So I guess the Jonadabs are the "other sheep", who will form the "great crowd". Thank goodness I no longer care beyond my usual interest in religion as a social force in society. All their terms and classes are headache inducing.

Isaac Carmignani

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Garybuss hits it on the head - everything has a type and antitype.

Did you know that the camels carrying Rebecca to Isaac are a prophetic type pointing to the Watchtower litterature carrying the message of Salvation? (yep - its in the Witchtower)

I wonder what the camel DUNG typifies - what the litterature ACTUALLY is??

Another question - when this tale was supposed to have happened the camel had not yet been domesticated by the Shemitic races. So does this picture the fact that the WTBTS is not yet carrying the actual message of salvation at this time??

HB

• jws
    jws

The Witness dogma asserts that for every part, there is a counter-part. There is a typical type, and an a-typical type. Virtually every Bible character, pattern, dream, event, and prediction has a significant (to them) second meaning only known by the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation's owners.

This was one of the first things to really frustrate me over doctrine when I was a teenager. It seemed like there was some new class every month. Even at that stage (being several years from leaving), I saw it as a bunch of BS that could no-way be derived from the Bible and decided I wasn't going to bother trying to learn it.

Wasn't it Freddy Franz that loved to invent these things? He may have invented the Jonadab class too. My understanding is that he was around influencing doctrine for quite some time before his days as president.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The dog ate their homework so that class never got to graduate.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Class was canceled due to low attendance. W.Once

• blondie
    blondie

Last mention on my WT-CD from a biography from an old jw.

w07 9/1 p. 9 With Jehovah’s Help, We Survived Totalitarian Regimes

A few months after Father’s conversation with the priest, we attended the Memorial of Christ’s death, during which Father was introduced to a group of 30 with the words, "This is a Jonadab." I soon learned that "Jonadabs" were Christians with an earthly hope and that their ranks were to grow.—2 Kings 10:15-17.

w99 3/1 p. 27 Over 40 Years Under Communist Ban

There, in the midst of a great crowd of prisoners, I heard a man say in a loud voice: "Who here is of the family of Jonadab?" The term "Jonadab" was used at the time to identify those with the hope of eternal life on earth. (2 Kings 10:15-17; Psalm 37:11, 29)

*** w98 2/15 p. 20 par. 8 Glorious Freedom Soon for the Children of God ***In 1932 it was concluded that such present-day sheeplike ones were prefigured by Jehu’s associate Jonadab (Jehonadab). (2 Kings 10:15-17) In 1934 it was made clear that "Jonadabs" should "consecrate," or dedicate, themselves to God.

*** w97 9/15 p. 18 par. 11 Who Will Survive "the Day of Jehovah"? ***Those hoping to survive "the day of Jehovah" and live forever on earth must wholeheartedly support true worship. They must be like Jehonadab, or Jonadab, a non-Israelite worshiper of Jehovah. As Jehu continued to fulfill his commission with zeal, Jehonadab wanted to show his approval and support. So he went out to meet Israel’s new king, who was heading for Samaria to execute the remaining ones of Ahab’s house. Seeing Jehonadab, Jehu asked: "Is your heart upright with me, just as my own heart is with your heart?" Jehonadab’s positive reply moved Jehu to extend his hand and invite Jehonadab into his war chariot, saying: "Do go along with me and look upon my toleration of no rivalry toward Jehovah." Without delay, Jehonadab accepted the privilege of showing his support for Jehovah’s anointed executioner.—2 Kings 10:15-17.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Wasn't it Freddy Franz that loved to invent these things?

No. It was Chuck Russell himself. Read his writings: he had literally hundreds of "classes" picturing everything to everything else. Da Grudge only followed in Chuckie's footsteps with that tradition. By the time Freddie became powerful enough to exert influence, all 2,745,821 possible "classes" that could be extracted and invented from the Bible were already taken! Of course, there are still zillions of prepositions, definite articles and adverbs left in the Bible, so perhaps even more "classes" are possible: the "Of" Class, the "An" Class, the "The" class, the "very" Class and the "a" Class are still up for grabs.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit