What's Peculiar About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Why do we say this?

Until the news was from the Devil, I knew a lot of JWs that kept up with the news and Bible prophecy.

I never heard that - the dubs watch the news the same as anybody else. I know an elder who jokes that his wife teases him saying that watching "New at Ten" is his other religion..i know a sister who has a satellite news station on all day and is a walking encyclopedia of current events.

So whats peculiar? plenty , Hypochondria is rampant..maybe they are the people attracted to the idea of perfect health in the New World?

• minimus
    minimus

A few years back, the Society started railing against the media (owned by Satan).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They may have railed against the media, as they have railed against every other part of the "system of things" - but I have never heard them say not to watch it. They criticise commerce and big business too, but dubs still go shopping

• flipper
    flipper

Everything

• minimus
    minimus

When the Silentlambs interviews started making its rounds and critical news about the UN and the WT. started popping up, the COs and assembly speakers kept warning about Satan's media. I'm sure the WT. in a study article commented heavily on it. The affect was that my mother would say, "We can't believe everything that comes from the media. Satan is behind this world!".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit