Tornado

by crapola 16 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Our home was hit by an EF3 in May. Learned that was the most active month for tornados. We are in the middle of NC. It was scary and very destructive (over 50,000 in damage to our home). Our beautiful trees are gone. Our backyard was a forest, now it's a wasteland. :(

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I am SO sorry your little town went through this. That is TOO close!!

Having gone through three hurricanes that went right over us, and the devastation that left..I soooo can sympathize with what your community is going through.

It makes for great neighbors though...everybody pitching in and helping each other. Brings out the best in folks.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I am glad you made it through without damage.

Who would think that we could have tornados in the winter time?

You must not be a OK native. I have friends that live out that way and they tell me tornadoes can happen almost anytime of the year. So, please be careful and cautious.

• crapola
    crapola

Robdar, actually I've lived here all my life but I don't remember a tornado in the winter time. But you are right, I guess they can happen any time so we really have to be aware of the weather.

I just hope the memories start to fade soon. It thundered today and I could feel myself tense up!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The thing about this tornado was how violent it was. Most winter twisters are usually fairly weak.

I don't know if I would call me avid or anything.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've lived thru flooding from hurricanes, would never wish it on anyone..... tornadoes? shss. scary

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm so glad you are safe!! I know a couple people that live there, too!!

I lived for many years right over the red river on I 35.....and have been thru tornados!!

I've been checking the ardmore newspaper for all the news!!

I lived in ardmore several years ago, for a short time!! I wish I could have met you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit