Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God--Rutherford book

by cameo-d 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In the old testament the "sons of god" are those fallen angels who mated with women.

Does WT acknowledge and align with these 'sons of god' fallen angel beings, or does WT promote the only begotton son, Jesus?

I don't see how you can claim both.

In light of the title of this book, Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God, it would seem that WT is promoting that everlasting life does not come through belief on Jesus, but rather through the lineage and teachings of these fallen angels known as the "sons of god".

And what is this "Freedom"? Does this mean we are actually at the end of the period of satan's binding and that these demonic influences are to be let loose and freed?

Religion is deception, the federal reserve bank was a deception, politics are full of deception. Just when you have waded through the mire of getting past all these false hopes and misplaced sense of security.....

Is there yet another deception which is about to occur?

Is the fall of Babylon all part of a well laid plan to usher in the Final Deception?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

From the "Proclaimers" book:

The book LifeEverlasting—In Freedom of the Sons of God, released at a series of district conventions held in 1966,

Rutherford died in 1942. Do the math.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I am amazed that you display a density that exceeds pure neutronium.

To theists, the phrase "sons of god" means god's intelligent creations, a group from which, sadly, you seem to be excluded.

It does NOT mean "fallen sons of god," for which the phrase "fallen sons of god" would be used.

In a similar way, the word "apples" does not mean "rotten apples."

Got that, Chief?

Are you related to Nancy Pelosi?

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Yep, Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God was one of uncle freddies 'masterpieces'

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The book LifeEverlasting—In Freedom of the Sons of God, released at a series of district conventions held in 1966,

Rutherford died in 1942. Do the math.

I stand corrected. It was in with some other books of his and I am not a WT scholar like you are.

To theists, the phrase "sons of god" means god's intelligent creations, a group from which, sadly, you seem to be excluded.

In taking for granted that all theists would agree with you, what the phrase means to theists and what the scriptures depict concerning it, seem to be two different things.

I notice that you often defend Luciferian Occultism and the Societies that are controlled by this. Perhaps you have found your place as a member of the Light-bearers of Darkness.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, and my home is illuminated with dark emitting diodes.

When will you be starting High School?

• middleman
    middleman

Nathan with all due respect here just for sake of accuracy, up until the introduction of the 1901 "Scholfield Bible" the "sons of God' of the Old Testament were generally accepted as the fallen angels not just the "sons of Seth or Jared". The Bible also calls them the "rephaim (fallen ones)" coming from the base word Rahpa (meaning shades, spirits, or ghosts of the dead) which is one of the Hebrew words for dead, but the general word used for the dead in Hebrew is actually "muwth". This view can be seen in many ancient writings/books (other than the Bible) such as the book of Jasher, Enoch, Josephus, etc. I'm not looking to debate here but cameo-d is not unfounded in his assertions.

Blessings...

• middleman
    middleman

BTW, I am a "theist", a Christian, and not an unreasearched moron on this topic hehe.............

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The title is quasi-scriptural:

(Romans 8:19-21) . . .For the eager expectation of the creation is waiting for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will but through him that subjected it, on the basis of hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

A@G you are such an asset to this board. That scripture is a mouthful in itself.

I found a very long and most interesting dissertation on Romans 8 at this website: http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/romans8.html

Here are a couple of excerpts:

The cursed creation?

Almost universal among young earth creationists is the idea that the original creation was cursed by God, who changed it as a result of the fall of man. Romans 8 is cited as New Testament evidence in favor of this interpretation. However, an examination of Romans 8 reveals that this figurative interpretation neither fits the overall context of the chapter, nor the specific attributes said to refer to the creation. In addition, this interpretation requires that it contradicts other biblical passages about the creation.

"Creation" or "creature"?

The question we are examining is the proper translation of the Greek word ktisis, 1 which occurs 20 times in the New Testament and can be translated as either "creation" or "creature," depending upon the context. In Romans 1:20, 2 ktisis obviously refers to the creation, since the verse describes the "world" (kosmos).

This chapter discusses the role of the Spirit in setting believers free from the law to serve God through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It compares the actions of the one indwelt with the Spirit to one in whom the Spirit does not live. In looking at the overall context, one would have to ask why Paul would interject an allegorical passage about the creation in a chapter that is otherwise devoted solely to a discussion of the role of the Spirit in the life of believers versus unbelievers. Therefore, the overall context of the chapter suggests that Paul was not talking about the non-rational creation.

Will the creation be "set free" or destroyed?

In addition, the creation will not be delivered "into the freedom of the glory of the children of God?" The

Bible says that the creation will be burned up and destroyed9 and that Jesus has gone to create an

entirely new creation that will replace it.10 Scripture makes it clear that the creation will not be "set free"

and, therefore, the word ktisismust refer to the "creature."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit