Homemade potato soup!

by crapola 16 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

I'm making potato soup for my daughter and her family, they've all been sick. Anyway, what are some of your favorite comfort foods that make you feel so much better or seem so good on a cold day?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

come on come on...POST the recipe....

I was thinking of making homemade bread (never did it before)... or homemade chocolate chip cookies...

Its all snow outside..dont much feel like going out but getting cabin fever...

Snakes ()

• snowbird
    snowbird

Pig tails, but I can't eat them anymore.

Sylvia

• StAnn
    StAnn

Crapola, add some dill weed and some grated dill pickles to your potato soup. It's fantastic.

Serena

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oohhhh Crapola! I love potato soup!!! I like saltines or oyster crackers with it. Hmmmmm you've given me an idea for dinner!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Snakes, I'm getting ready to bake bread. For a cheap and easy recipe, go to www.hillbillyhousewife.com .

Serena

• crapola
    crapola

Snakes, I don't really have a recipe, I just throw everything in the pot.But here's what I used today.

6 or 7 potatos cut into tiny pieces.

onion flakes

cook until potatos are tender, then add milk and butter, salt and a little black pepper to taste.

It's very simple to make but so good with some sliced cheddar cheese and hot bread. Yummy!

I might keep some for myself.

• crapola
    crapola

Sylvia, I've never tried pig tails! How are they prepared?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My ex used to make a potato garlic soup that I loved. She spiced it up to give it a nice bite. I wish I had the recipe.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia, I've never tried pig tails! How are they prepared?

Cut off and discard the little curly ends - they're nothing but cartilage, anyway - trim most of the fat, stew them down with lots of garlic, onions, and red or green peppers.

After they're fork tender, flour them lightly and bake until they're golden brown.

Serve with gravy, rice, pinto beans, and baked sweet potatoes.

My mother used to cook them on cold days, and we kids used to run over each getting to the table.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit